E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Transmission service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 03:52 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550
Transmission service?

Hi everybody, so I was digging through some information on the 40k transmission flush, and was told by my dealership it's done every 40k miles. What they didn't tell me it's either 4 years or 40k miles,Officially my car was 4 years old, last year. I still haven't hit 40k miles yet in my car, at 37k right now, but was gonna get the transmission fluid done with my coming up A service. Now I'm freaking out because I'm 2 year late on my Tranny flush! Could I have damaged my transmission by not doing the flush a year ago?
Old 04-17-2016, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
maintenance manual says it is 4 years or 40k miles, whichever comes first, but maybe your dealer feels it's fine to wait. There have been threads on brake fluid with comments that an MB dealer told someone it was ok to do it based on time, not mileage. But haven't heard anything on waiting to do ATF but that doesn't mean you can't. I suspect if you took it to the same dealer a year ago and they thought you could have waited until 40k miles, then they won't give you any grief for it being 5 years. Have them check the condition of the fluid they remove just in case, but you should be fine.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:22 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
2011 E550
Originally Posted by thefisch
maintenance manual says it is 4 years or 40k miles, whichever comes first, but maybe your dealer feels it's fine to wait. There have been threads on brake fluid with comments that an MB dealer told someone it was ok to do it based on time, not mileage. But haven't heard anything on waiting to do ATF but that doesn't mean you can't. I suspect if you took it to the same dealer a year ago and they thought you could have waited until 40k miles, then they won't give you any grief for it being 5 years. Have them check the condition of the fluid they remove just in case, but you should be fine.
Just called them again and they confirmed that it's mileage based and not year based. Odd. But I will be getting the flush done tomorrow.

Thank you for the input!