E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Engine Software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E-350 P2 Cuprite Brown/Chestnut
Engine Software update

3 days ago, I started the car and the engine shake and check engine light came on. I turned it off and turned it back on and engine was normal but the light stayed on. I took it to the dealer the next day and they kept the car for 24 hours.

They reported the codes were for multiple misfires. They checked everything else and said was normal and that it was bad gasoline. it's weird because it was the same Chevron station I go to all the time, premium with Techron.

Anyway, the point of this tread is that when i was bringing the car home it was so healthy and car was driving like the first day i bought it.

When i looked at the work order, it said the engine software was outdated and it was updated by the dealer. What is the engine software? is that for ECU? Is the update made the car run so much better? If yes, how often do they have these updates?
Old 04-22-2016, 02:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
I'm guessing that they did a simple tune up of the engine.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,488 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by AnirInTexas
3 days ago, I started the car and the engine shake and check engine light came on. I turned it off and turned it back on and engine was normal but the light stayed on. I took it to the dealer the next day and they kept the car for 24 hours.

They reported the codes were for multiple misfires. They checked everything else and said was normal and that it was bad gasoline. it's weird because it was the same Chevron station I go to all the time, premium with Techron.

Anyway, the point of this tread is that when i was bringing the car home it was so healthy and car was driving like the first day i bought it.

When i looked at the work order, it said the engine software was outdated and it was updated by the dealer. What is the engine software? is that for ECU? Is the update made the car run so much better? If yes, how often do they have these updates?
Most likely it's running apparently better because they also reset the tcu