E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

w212 2012 e350 4Matic Road Noise 60+ MPH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W212 2015
Originally Posted by FattyMushroom
Hi usautocustoms, I am new in the forum and I know is it late to the POST but I got exactly the same road noise like you show in the video "Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 - Wheel Bearing Noise". After continue read your comment in the thread and find out it is dead end which is really upset me and feel sorry for your experience.

I did bring my card back to the dealer and asking for check the noise and the mechanic from the dealer drove car for a road test and tell me the noise may come from "rotor". Man, I don't believe him so I start search on the internet and find this thread.
I can here the noise when from speed 50-mph and the noise getting more obvious from higher speed. the easy way to hear the noise is to drive on a smooth road and speed up to 70 mph and release the gas to eliminate the sound from exhaust. and I paid $100 for check the noise. they also confirmed it is not wheel or tire problem.

Would you give me an update whether you got the problem solved or just sold the car?
I also read all this topic and wondered the result. But there is no clear explanation, then checked the usautocustoms user page, he is not active till 8-2017..
Old 04-03-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E 350 4matic
My drivers seat on my W212 ripped at what I thought was a seam just out of warranty. Turns out it isn’t really a seam. When I called Mercedes USA they told me they have not had any issues with the mbtext seats. I weigh 125lbs and my mom who drives it once in a blue moon weighs 92lbs, so it’s not that we are extremely overweight. Now being on this site, I see many, many have this issue and MB has done nothing! MB said I could take it to the stealer and pay $295 to have them diagnose the seat (IT IS RIPPED) and they would look into it. I can buy a replacement cover for less than the diagnostic charge! MB is worthless!
Old 04-03-2019, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 E 350 4matic
We have a dealer in a snooty area and the service writers act like they’re above me. The dealer in another area is so much better! The 2nd dealer actually listens and finds the problems, the first always told me at least twice they couldn’t find the issue, until I continued to complain and all of a sudden they would find the problem! So infuriating! The dealer does make a huge difference!

Last edited by Vic1965; 04-03-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Same Problem and it was really Bad bent rim! Had to set up on a balancer and mic gauge and see how far the rim was bent, mine was quite a bit and after I took it back to the dealer for them to fix. I had Rim & Tire Insurance they found YES it was badly bent! Probably from previous owner slamming curbs! Yes, Original MB rims are very soft and can be bent from up to down and side to side. Imagine twisting the rim. well as it goes down the road the tire Is not seated properly and tread design lets out road noise!
Old 04-08-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport Standard
I do not have this problem, actually looking for input on new tires for a C300 Sport standard 6.5L V6. Stealer recommend the Michelin and I have looked at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ but wanted to hear from what other people have switched to or if everyone sticks to the Continentals. Also, if people have had any issues with a particular tire that I should avoid.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:10 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
2011 E350 4MATIC
Document!

Originally Posted by usautocustoms
Wow, sounds like I'm going through a similar situation. I have contacted MBUSA regional manager, waiting to hear back. I wouldn't mind jumping into a newer e350, my goal however is to not have a payment so for me at the end it would depend the final sales price.

Is it a good thing they have the car for 3 days without a callback? It's so dang frustrating, I'm afraid to call them and I'm certain they don't want to call me with ANY bad news as I gave it my all the last time I was there.
If you haven’t already:
Create a paper (email) trail with every verbal
exchange recorded. Contact a local TV Channel Consumer Watch to get local coverage on this if the local MB dealer won’t
own up to the company doing the right thing.
msybe you can shame them into justice...