E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Which Bilstein struts are correct?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic Sport
Which Bilstein struts are correct?

Hello. First time poster, long time lurker. We recently took ownership of a 2011 MB E350 4matic Sedan with sport package/AMG wheels. After hitting a severe pothole, we cracked a front wheel. After having the small crack repaired and replacing all 4 tires, it's now time to replace the front struts since there is a noticeable clunk going over bumps, and I am pretty sure this is all from the same pothole impact. The shop that did the tires also said it was a front strut.

My question...I see a bunch of different bilstein options for the E350, and want to make sure I buy the right pair. I am looking at the regular B4 series, I have used these on other vehicles for years and they are high quality.

So...is there a difference between 4matic and RWD? And sport vs non-sport?

Here is what partsgeek compiles with a search:

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2011/mercedes/e350/suspension/strut_assembly.html

If anyone could help me choose the appropriate pair I would appreciate it, as I have read come conflicting information. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2016, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350 4matic Sport
anyone? thought this would be an easy question. All 4matic/sport package combos should have the same struts, I would think. The question is which ones...
Old 02-05-2018, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti g37xs
Originally Posted by jasonM52t
anyone? thought this would be an easy question. All 4matic/sport package combos should have the same struts, I would think. The question is which ones...
Which ones did you go with? I am about to do this service with my car. Thanks