MB Tex or Leather? what do you have?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Did you drive one with the dynamic seat? With mine I notice it's a little better if I extend the seat cushion which is on the dynamic seat. Also tip the seat up helps, otherwise your legs aren't really resting on the seat. After about 2 hours or so it can be painful if the seat isn't adjusted right. I normally just run the car through a vin decoder first to see what options it has so you can tell in advance if it's MB-tex or real leather or whether it has dynamic seats. But yes, the real leather has 3 vertical slats and MB-tex has a single horizontal slat in the center of the seat cushion. Just take a careful look if it's MB-tex to make sure it's not ripped.

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Mercedes-Benz
^ This, exactly. The drive dynamic seat offers better adjustability, along with active bolsters.Then there is the massage function on longer trips to also help. I don't believe the seat construction is any different between normal leather surface and MB tex in the standard seat.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
w212 E350 Bluetec & Mk7 GTI Sport
MBtex. feels great, cleans easily, cheap to replace if bad stuff happens =D , and doesnt leave the weird stress marks real leather does

my bosses 2015 s class already has permanent dents on the center armrest leather form leaning on it... big guy, but still... sad to see such beautiful leather showing aging signs so soon. new leather is NOT old leather... for sure..

some sand brown ;leather interior is damn nice though