E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Kudos to MB of Nanuet and MBUSA!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:24 PM

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts
2012 E350
Kudos to MB of Nanuet and MBUSA!

I bought a CPO E350 in earlier this year. The car is great- but I have been reading about faded wood trim and I kinda thought one piece of trim on the center console looked different, I initially thought it was just how the light hit it, so I sat in the passenger seat. Yup, one piece faded.

Brought the car to MB of Nanuet for a wash, and asked the service advisor to look at the console. He said one piece is faded. He then told me that the faded trim is covered under the factory warranty but not the CPO warranty. I'm out of factory warranty based on age, but not miles. But, he said, "let me make a few calls".

Couple days later I'm advised new wood for the center console will be covered- way to go MB of Nanuet and MBUSA!
Old 09-11-2016, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
That's nice they are doing something for you. I think the warranty repair is supposed to replace all pieces. Hopefully it will all match up close enough if they just replace one piece.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w212
Very nice! I dropped my 212 off for B service a couple weeks ago and mentioned the faded wood trim. When I came in for pick up they had all the trim replaced (Aside from my steering wheel)

I had also recently purchased a new set of windshield wipers which they noticed were still in good condition. My B service covered the wiper blades so they installed the new set and left my Bosch icon blades in the trunk.