E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Power Loss Problem with 2015 E220 AMG Line Night Edition Bluetec Auto

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2016 | 01:18 PM

2015 E220 AMG Line NIght Edition Bluetec Auto
Power Loss Problem with 2015 E220 AMG Line Night Edition Bluetec Auto

Hi All,

I hope you can help or let me know if anyone lese is having the same issues I have been having. I was delivered a brand new car (as described in post heading) last year and all was fine until after 4 months or so. I have been having a very serious issue with power loss or lag or no power from the vehicle ever since.

The issue I have is when I am at either a stop or rolling at 2mph for example, when I put my foot on the accelerator, I get no response and continue rolling for 3-7 seconds. This is far too long to get a response from hitting the accelerator and very dangerous and unsafe. I have also had this issue when driving on the motorway where I was doing 40mph, tried changing lane and then put my foot down on the accelerator and got no response from it for 3-5 seconds.

Every time I send the car into the MB London Stratford Garage (who are absolutely useless in customer service) they report nothing is showing on the diagnostics nor on an over night run. I have explained that this is an intermittent problem but they are not interested.

Has anybody else had these problems and what was done if anything?

Thanks
Old 11-04-2016 | 03:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
3-7 seconds is not right at all

have you driven the car to demonstrate this with the master tech?

try resetting the adaptations... google "mbworld reset tcu" and follow this very simple and safe procedure
Old 11-16-2016 | 09:59 AM

2015 E220 AMG Line NIght Edition Bluetec Auto
Hi Peter,

The issue is that its intermittent and every time it goes in to the Mercedes Garage, it doesn't happen. The car is only 18 months old and therefore its in their guarantee/warrantee period. They will only do anything if the problem occurs on their test drive which is ludicrous. What if I have a serious accident in between, they will only deny liability?

Regards