E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

E350 2013 Issues - Car wouldn't shift, sensors won't work, no interior lights.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benz 2013 E350 4Matic
E350 2013 Issues - Car wouldn't shift, sensors won't work, no interior lights.

(E350 2013 model) So I went to turn on my car, and all these notifications appeared saying "SRS Malfunction, Service Required","Cruise Control inoperative","Tire pressure inoperative".( HERE are pictures, ) and some other messages I couldn't take pictures of. All my interior lighting would not work, as well as the radio and navigation. I also could not shift into reverse, or drive or anything, it would not move out of parking. Also my radiator fan kept increasingly getting louder to the point where I just turned my car off. I turned my car off and while inspecting the battery and just stuff under the hood I let roughly around 5ish minutes pass by and went back to start my car and now it starts and runs like before except there's a check engine light and a weird rattle noise coming from my engine bay. Could this be fuse oriented? I don't think my battery is to blame. My nearest dealer is roughly 20 miles away, so not being able to actually drive my car there would be an issue. Any advice is welcome, thanks guys!

Further update ---
It's been roughly 20 minutes I let it sit, and no more check engine sign. It's almost like nothing happened.
--------------------
this is worrying me.

Last edited by MiraculousWhip; 12-26-2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-26-2016, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Battery is suspect number 1 in this type of thing.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 E300, 2012 E350 4matic, 2013 ML350 4matic, 2008 ML350 4matic, 2002 Porsche Boxster S
Any update on how this was resolved?

Originally Posted by MiraculousWhip
(E350 2013 model) So I went to turn on my car, and all these notifications appeared saying "SRS Malfunction, Service Required","Cruise Control inoperative","Tire pressure inoperative".( HERE are pictures, ) and some other messages I couldn't take pictures of. All my interior lighting would not work, as well as the radio and navigation. I also could not shift into reverse, or drive or anything, it would not move out of parking. Also my radiator fan kept increasingly getting louder to the point where I just turned my car off. I turned my car off and while inspecting the battery and just stuff under the hood I let roughly around 5ish minutes pass by and went back to start my car and now it starts and runs like before except there's a check engine light and a weird rattle noise coming from my engine bay. Could this be fuse oriented? I don't think my battery is to blame. My nearest dealer is roughly 20 miles away, so not being able to actually drive my car there would be an issue. Any advice is welcome, thanks guys!

Further update ---
It's been roughly 20 minutes I let it sit, and no more check engine sign. It's almost like nothing happened.
--------------------
this is worrying me.
I had the same issue with my 2012. Luckily, it was covered under the CPO warranty. However, it drove my dealer crazy. They replaced the rear SAM and, a few weeks later, the steering angle sensor. This did not resolve the issue, and after three weeks, they gave up. They wanted their brand new loaner back, and they said to return when it happens again. Six months later, no hint of a problem!

One of the issues is that the vehicle won't shift out of park when it's like this. Of course, when the tow truck show up, the problem goes away except for the MIL illumination.

I too thought it would be something simple like a bad battery or an intermittent ground. Any one else have the same experience?
Old 03-19-2017, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,171 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
There is an auxiliary battery in the dash next to the door panel. I think a few people have changed it so that might be it.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...acement-3.html