E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

What material are the weather seals made out of on the w212

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:20 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E550 4Matic Sport P2
What material are the weather seals made out of on the w212

Rubber, EPDM, or something else? I want to treat them as they are starting to dry out a bit and wish to preserve their lifespan. I learned neglecting these is costly on a prior BMW.

I presume the exterior trims are rubber, but am unsure for the interior. I wish to ensure I use the proper product.

Let me know if you have an suggestions!

Thank you!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
On my previous Mercedes-I used Mothers VLR (Vinyl Leather Rubber). I have not treated my new car yet.

BTW- I'de love to see your audio setup with the JL Audio 12W6.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
On my previous Mercedes-I used Mothers VLR (Vinyl Leather Rubber). I have not treated my new car yet.

BTW- I'de love to see your audio setup with the JL Audio 12W6.
I'll get some photos for you. I fabricated a bracket to mount on factory pre existing screws in the spare tire bay to mount the amp, I removed the little hanger and have the Sub in the JL H.O box. I have been debating building something custom that fits better but my buddy that is a VERY highly regarded installer in my area (and build my enclosure for the 12w7 I had in my Range Rover) said nothing would touch the sound quality. I plan to pull the odd shaped panel cover in the back to determine if shortening the legs a bit will allow the box to fully rest against the back seats. Currently it is eating up quite a bit of space. (a foot or so in front of the box behind the seats). The output and clarity of that design is magnificent. It really is the perfect balance of output/spl and sql.

Thank you for the tip on the product. I'm guessing I can find it locally unlike many of the exotic suggestions I find browsing forums online. I really love this car and plan to keep it well maintained. I purchased it at 20k miles and am up to 47k in 18 months. Unless I stumble into a vast sum of money, I can't see unloading it anytime soon. I do wish it was the turbo, or even better yet an AMG, but the balance of budget, p2 package, low miles, and necessity of awd won out when I was buying. The OE Tune and Mesiterschaft Exhaust I've installed over the last 2 months really brought the car to life. It's much more aggressive in its nature and the exhaust note lets people (and myself) know it's no slouch.

A few more cosmetic and mechanical upgrades/touch ups and she will be a dream come true by summer!!!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
This is another great product but it can be a little difficult to find locally. The entire 303 line is some of the best products available and is not too pricey.

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

i have a good friend who has a shop and does a lot of demo vehicles for car audio brands. He has also stated the HK Logic 7.1 System is very well done, but could use a little support in the low end. I had an Infinity Basslink in my old C300 and it was OK but definitely didn't compare to my old competition system in my old Toyota.

Last edited by AkaSigFreak; 12-29-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:52 AM

It all depends on what you're going for. I definitely concur it lacks in the lows.... I was torn between another 12w7 vs the 12w6. Overall the w6 sound is incredible. Occasionally I miss the power of the w7, but it's seldom I really push it though. I'm on the phone 80% of the time I'm in the car anyway. The system as a whole though really is impressive. It's one of few that I really haven't wanted to add on to aside from the sub/amp. By tapping into the factory sub lines, a clean sweep or the like doesn't seem to be needed
Old 12-29-2016, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
This is my old 2003 Corolla. JL Audio said I was the first person to compete in an Iasca event with the 12W1v2 subs ( I had them before they were officially released). My RTA scores were very close to Gary Biggs's Regal that year. Full MB Quart Q-Series components (not the Made In China crap), JL Subs, Alpine Deck and the first person to have the Alpine iPod Integration Kit

Old 12-31-2016, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350 Sport/ML350RWD
You might want to try this 303 product specifically for rubber seals:

http://www.autogeek.net/303-rubber-seal-protectant.html