E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2010 E350 Hockey Running lights - HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 02:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
2010 E350 Hockey Running lights - HELP

Recently I had a misfortune of a chair falling off a truck and hit by another car and the wooden leg wound up under my Passenger side bumper going about 25mph. It must have lodged under the bumper and tore the wiring from the Daytime Running Light (hockey style) Plug (male). It also pushed out the inner fender which (luckily) didn't damage it beside some plastic push rivets. I remounted the inner fender and trying to figure out which wire went to each side of the male light socket? Checking the voltage on the now partially exposed wires (2) I couldn't get a reading??? Is there a fuse located somewhere? The driver's side is working fine. I have 2 fuse boxes, 1 mounted in the engine bay (driver's side) and passenger side in the trunk. I have checked all the fuses (all are good) in both boxes. Am I missing something? No panel by dash on driver's side. OK > what should the voltage coming from those 2 wires? 12volt? or something less? Help? Don't want to check the light with 12 volt only to blow it? $125 replacement. Light wasn't damaged unless something broke when wires were yanked out?
Old 01-05-2017, 08:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 938 Likes on 662 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by toledotom
Recently I had a misfortune of a chair falling off a truck and hit by another car and the wooden leg wound up under my Passenger side bumper going about 25mph. It must have lodged under the bumper and tore the wiring from the Daytime Running Light (hockey style) Plug (male). It also pushed out the inner fender which (luckily) didn't damage it beside some plastic push rivets. I remounted the inner fender and trying to figure out which wire went to each side of the male light socket? Checking the voltage on the now partially exposed wires (2) I couldn't get a reading??? Is there a fuse located somewhere? The driver's side is working fine. I have 2 fuse boxes, 1 mounted in the engine bay (driver's side) and passenger side in the trunk. I have checked all the fuses (all are good) in both boxes. Am I missing something? No panel by dash on driver's side. OK > what should the voltage coming from those 2 wires? 12volt? or something less? Help? Don't want to check the light with 12 volt only to blow it? $125 replacement. Light wasn't damaged unless something broke when wires were yanked out?

I had to change my passenger side hockey stick light as it just burned out. I was also worried when trying to check for the voltage on the disconnected socket. Turned out that the thing worked fine with the new replacement light.

Somehow in my car there is no voltage coming to the wires if they are disconnected.