E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Help with fixation of Hybrid Control Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with fixation of Hybrid Control Unit

Hi guys,

I live in Portugal and I have a 2013 E300 Hybrid Mercedes-Benz Estate.
The car is in the official Mercedes workshop for regular maintenance and the head of the workshop asked me to go there yesterday.

They have identified a problem regarding a unit produced by Continental.

The Control Unit for the hybrid system (Steuergeraet) is working fine but the MB technicians say the mounting brackets that hold the unit seem to have some looseness that can lead to unwanted noise and future problems due to the vibration.
The refered unit has the following Mercedes code:
A6519006302

As I said, the unit is in perfect working condition. The problem is only in the parts that hold the system to the car.
There are 2 metal parts that hold the control unit, identified is the attached photos with the numbers 6102 RN 37H and 6002 RN 37F.

Mercedes say they only sell the complete unit that costs more that 2.500 euros. They say they don't sell just the mounting brackets where the bolts go.

I was wondering if you guys can help me where to get these 2 parts.

Thank you for any help.

Andre

Text was edited due to an error.

Last edited by andreantunes; 03-17-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: error in text
Old 03-17-2017, 12:59 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
what is a fixation part?
Old 03-17-2017, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 718 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
I'm an amateur so treat my advice for what it costs, nothing.

I interpret "fixation part" as "mounting bracket".

Look like mounting brackets with vibration isolators.

One bracket can be unbolted from the control unit. Take it to a machine shop and press out the center metal cylinder. Determine the type of isolation material (rubber, silicon, teflon, etc), replace the old material with new material, have machine shop press the cylinder back into the bracket using some kind of water-based lubricant to prevent tearing the material. Worst case, remove the old material, insert the cylinder into the bracket, and figure out a way to fill the cavity with silicon seal.

Edit: looking more closely it appears the cylinders may not press through; they may need to be pulled out (one half to one side, the other half to the other side).

The same can be done to the other bracket but care will have to be taken to not damage the control unit.

Yeah, 2500 Euros for four thin cylinders of rubber bushing material is a bit high.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 03-17-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:31 PM

Hi,

It's a part that holds one thing to another.
Despite the mistake, I think you can understand the meaning in the context of the text.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:36 PM

Hi BBIRDWELL,

Thanks for the advice.
I can remove the mounting brackets by unscrewing the existing 4 screws on each one.
This way I can try to find a solution without damaging the Hybrid ECU.

Anyway, I already emailed Continental to see if the sell the mounting brackets.

Originally Posted by bbirdwell
I'm an amateur so treat my advice for what it costs, nothing.

I interpret "fixation part" as "mounting bracket".

Look like mounting brackets with vibration isolators.

One bracket can be unbolted from the control unit. Take it to a machine shop and press out the center metal cylinder. Determine the type of isolation material (rubber, silicon, teflon, etc), replace the old material with new material, have machine shop press the cylinder back into the bracket using some kind of water-based lubricant to prevent tearing the material. Worst case, remove the old material, insert the cylinder into the bracket, and figure out a way to fill the cavity with silicon seal.

Edit: looking more closely it appears the cylinders may not press through; they may need to be pulled out (one half to one side, the other half to the other side).

The same can be done to the other bracket but care will have to be taken to not damage the control unit.

Yeah, 2500 Euros for four thin cylinders of rubber bushing material is a bit high.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 E350 4Matic
You can also search junk yards at www.Car-Part.com for the whole part, working or not -- get one from a low mileage vehicle -- remove the mounting bracket from the second hand part and fix your part. Works like a charm, minimal mechanical skills involved.