E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Brake hardware, Brake guide pin, Sport vs Lux advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2017 | 12:58 PM

E350
Brake hardware, Brake guide pin, Sport vs Lux advice

Hi everyone, new member here who has lurked for 3 years now, finally joining cause I need the help of the collective minds here. Thanks in advance!

I currently sit at 71k miles on my 2012 E350 4Matic. I have the Sport model with the cross drilled rotors. I am looking to change out the front and rear pads, front and rear rotors, both brake sensors and the retaining clip/anti spring clip as the rear ones have surface rust.

I wanted to confirm the following as I am on pelican parts and partsgeek and see some discrepancies with their parts listing.

For those of you who have changed your brakes with NON OEM rotors, what is the rotor size for the fronts? I see 344mmx32mm, and 322x32mm. Is the 344mm the Sport ones (slightly larger to accommodate for less surface area due to the cross drill)? Ironically, the pads seem to be the same between Sport and luxury model.

Also, looks like all the OEM suppliers of pads to MB (Ferodo, Pagid, ATE, JURID) provide replacement guide pins. I will be getting Akebono Euro Ceramics for the sake of brake dust, which don't include them. Aside from cleaning and putting a little anti seize on the existing ones, is there a part number for this? Couldn't find it on the online catalog. I'd like to change this out.

Last question, looks like the brake hardware for the fronts differ. I am on Centric Parts Catalog for 2012 MB e350, and this is what I see. I am pretty positive the hardware kit for the non sport model is what I have on my car right now....

Centric hardware kit for SPORT model:

Centric hardware kit for non sport model
Old 03-31-2017 | 12:59 PM

E350

I'll post pictures of my brakes when I get home from work. using this as a placeholder.

EDIT: Found this online, this is what I believe to be as my front caliper: