E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Activating MBrace (not the easy phone call question)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:33 PM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
Activating MBrace (not the easy phone call question)

Got our '14 E350 last week. Tried calling MBrace to activate our free trial subscription. Pushed the "i" button to make the call and nothing happened. Called the 1-800 number, and they basically tell you to push the "i" button. When I explained that I did and nothing happened (no light or anything) they said I had to make an appointment at the dealer to have the system "reactivated" within the car, before I could call MBrace and have the subscrition activated.

I can't find anything on the WIS about MBrace at all. Anyone know exactly what they need to do at the dealer? I don't really have time to run the car in for service just yet (at least not for something this silly) so if it's something I can do myself I'd prefer to do that.

Thanks,
Darel
Old 05-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
I ran into the same issue, the problem is the car has an ESN just like a cellphone and its deactivated. They need to get the ESN and reactivate it with Mercedes. The problem for you is as a consumer you can't access the dealer phone line to reactivate that ESN.

They should give you a loaner, when I did it I was out of there in a loaner in like 10 minutes, and when I picked up it took about 5 minutes, really no big deal.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader
I ran into the same issue, the problem is the car has an ESN just like a cellphone and its deactivated. They need to get the ESN and reactivate it with Mercedes. The problem for you is as a consumer you can't access the dealer phone line to reactivate that ESN.

They should give you a loaner, when I did it I was out of there in a loaner in like 10 minutes, and when I picked up it took about 5 minutes, really no big deal.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take her in tomorrow!

Last edited by tresean1; 05-07-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:21 PM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
Thank you!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 4matic Sport
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader

Unfortunately this was not the case for my vehicle. I recently purchased a 14 E350 CPO and after calling and activating I was only able to use the Mbrace app from my phone but I could not access any of the onboard apps on the vehicle. So MB told me to take it in to the dealer to have the system reactivated. I took my car in to a local dealer here in Chicago on last Fri, and they started working on "refreshing" the system, but have been running into issues with MBrace communicating with the vehicle. The told me yesterday that now they have to do software updates to the system (which turns out is painfully slow) and if that doesn't work they think they may need to replace the command system. From what I originally thought would take an hour and an easy reactivation, it has turned out to be a huge ordeal. I don't even think I'll end up paying to use MBrace after this trial period is over, so I don't know if this was all worth the hassle.