E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

No data / MBrace connectivity for a month now?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 12:09 PM

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
No data / MBrace connectivity for a month now?

Had my car about a month now, activated my MBrace trial about three weeks ago. Never once got a data connection on any of the features under the "globe" icon on the COMAND screen.

Called the "i" button about 2am on Wednesday and they said it looked OK from their end but I would have to call in during normal tech support hours so they could further troubleshoot.

Called today and go tech support. They "refreshed" the apps in the car and still no connection. Then the tech said the issue is on Mercedes' end and they've known about it for a while now and basically everyone is waiting for M-B to figure their stuff out. I found it hard to believe that everyone who owns a Mercedes (including everyone PAYING for their MBrace subscription, which does not include me yet and thus far it's not looking promising) has not had any of these functions for over a month now.

Does this sound right to you guys? No one's had a data connection for over a month now? Or does not one really ever use these apps on the car so no one's noticed anyway?

Thanks,
Darel
Old 05-26-2017, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Darel
Had my car about a month now, activated my MBrace trial about three weeks ago. Never once got a data connection on any of the features under the "globe" icon on the COMAND screen.

Called the "i" button about 2am on Wednesday and they said it looked OK from their end but I would have to call in during normal tech support hours so they could further troubleshoot.

Called today and go tech support. They "refreshed" the apps in the car and still no connection. Then the tech said the issue is on Mercedes' end and they've known about it for a while now and basically everyone is waiting for M-B to figure their stuff out. I found it hard to believe that everyone who owns a Mercedes (including everyone PAYING for their MBrace subscription, which does not include me yet and thus far it's not looking promising) has not had any of these functions for over a month now.

Does this sound right to you guys? No one's had a data connection for over a month now? Or does not one really ever use these apps on the car so no one's noticed anyway?

Thanks,
Darel
I'm not sure what other features that are failing for you.
I have Lock & Unlock, Horn & Lights, Locate vehicle features on my 2014 W212; I activated free 3-month trial(day before yesterday) and they are working fine.
Haven't got a chance to use Send2Benz feature though.

If you're talking about other features, which I don't have, I'm sorry, I cannot help you with that.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:13 PM

The stuff I have on the Mercedes Me phone app works - vehicle locator, lock & unlock. However, send2benz is nowhere to be found. It's like it isn't even offered in my version of the app.

When I go to the globe icon on the COMAND screen, anything that required the in-vehicle internet connection does NOT work - Mercedes Apps, enter URL. It sits there spinning saying it's trying to connect, then after about five minutes or so it says no connection available.

I do have Sirius and the Sirius weather stuff, but since my trial subscription to Sirius is also working that makes sense. I am pretty sure the two don't really overlap.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Darel
The stuff I have on the Mercedes Me phone app works - vehicle locator, lock & unlock. However, send2benz is nowhere to be found. It's like it isn't even offered in my version of the app.
I'm on iPhone iOS latest.
Home screen of the app, between the lock/unlock and Horn/Flash; I see Send2benz and in the "Connect" tab on the bottom, I see Send2Benz in the 2nd row.
Sorry, I don't have an android device to test it out.

Anyway, when I click on the Send2Benz, the wheel just spins and doesn't let me add/search locations. I think, that Server is under maintenance/migration to this "Mercedes Me" app.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350
Darel,
I have the exact same issue. At first I couldn't even use the information call button. Just got a Verizon error message. Had to take it to the dealer. They fixed that but they didn't fix the Mercedes command apps. It is like my car has voice but no data connection. Send to benz, lock unlock, horn, all work from my phone. I've talked to Mbrace tech support 20 times and they have finally figured out that the car needs to go back to the dealer because something isn't programmed right.

Not sure I'll ever use those apps? I may just forget about it?
Old 05-26-2017, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Okay guys, I was able to use the Send2Benz Feature too(on my phone).

In the car, I turned on the ignition and in 1min, I got these.

But, the apps in the "Globe" doesn't work for me either.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:29 AM

Sounds like my experience was identical to Waterdog3. Nothing at first, had to go to the dealer to have it "re-flashed", and now we're in exactly the same spot.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:44 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Darel, did you even get this resolved?
Old 05-31-2017, 05:41 AM

No, I've been stuck overseas for the last week or so. Honestly I probably won't bother if it means another trip to the dealer. Just to get the system reset the first time took two days, and conveniently they didn't have a loaner, and conveniently my house is like one mile outside their shuttle range. I don't really ever see myself needing to surf the web in the car anyway.

I would have thought the send2benz would have been the only really useful feature but it looks like I'm excluded from that too. I have two cellphones and it didn't install on either. On the page where it should be in Mercedes Me there should be 3 icons (lock / unlock, horn / lights, and send2benz) but I only have the two icons. No send2benz anywhere to be found in either the app or the webpage.

At this point I've already burned over half my free trial and I'll never have the time to get the car in to the dealer again, at least not for something so trivial, so screw it. Just would've been nice to have everything working.
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (05-31-2017)