E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mercedes Benz multi contour seats e-class 2011 are not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
Mercedes Benz multi contour seats e-class 2011 are not working

multi contour seats working first 3 minutes with the all option of this functions of dynamic seat after that nothing working normally and when switch off then switch on the engine the dyn seat return back well just first 3 minutes also
Old 07-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
If I understand right the seat works for a few minutes then quits? Is this both driver and passenger seats or just one of them? I don't have a wiring diagram handy but I wonder if the motors are protected by a circuit breaker rather than a fuse. The symptom sounds like an overload of some sort that trips the breaker then resets when the car is turned off/on.

EDIT, I looked at the 2011 schematic for dynamic seats on my WIS/ASRA manual, and yikes there's a ton of interfaces involved. Yaw/steering sensors, air compressor activation, speed sensors, and CANBUS connections between everything. Way beyond my pay grade. I think it may be prudent to at least get the car scanned at the dealer or independent mechanic (with MB proper scantool) to narrow down the problem.

I mistakenly initially answered related to regular power/lumbar seats, not the dynamic versions.

Last edited by Mud; 07-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
M.alkobaisi (07-13-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Yeah, seems like some sort of overload protection. I have had it happen with the power outlets before when running a 12v inflator off the trunk outlet. Even after unplugging the inflator, the outlet did not reactive until the power was cycled.

Does the same condition occur if you turn off dynamic adjustments within the first 3 minutes and wait to turn on later in your drive? I am wondering if an issue with the seat trying endlessly to adjust, inflate bladders, etc. is causing an overload situation. If it is happening after the first 3 minutes so matter if the seat features are in use or not then it would seem that some other component could be creating a heavy load and the seat is disabled since it is less essential or there is an issue with the charging system.

Let us know what you find.
The following users liked this post:
M.alkobaisi (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
many thanks for your kind reply , but unfortunately i am trying but nothing was change the issue still exist.

please i have another 2 issue do you have any catolge for the Sun Blocker Rear curtain because the cleaning person broke it from the right side from the body

and i have another issue the scrolling knob control of radio are not working just up , down & right and left but the scrolling are not
Old 07-13-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan
Have the car scanned with M-B Star for faults. My 2013 dynamic seat compressor starts when I open the door. Good Luck.