E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

driver seat problems due to being too heavy...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 03:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 e350
driver seat problems due to being too heavy...

just wanted to know if anyone out there is having the same issues as me. im a bigger guy, about 250 pounds and i sit with my seat as low as possible. while braking semi hard, i can feel a click under the seat as if uts sliding forward like 1/8 of an inch, not a huge deal but just slightly annoying. ive also had the side of the bottom of the seat where the lumbar support control is start to slowly inch its way away from the car seat, fixed once under warranty but no longer under warranty.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by mikeyle
just wanted to know if anyone out there is having the same issues as me. im a bigger guy, about 250 pounds and i sit with my seat as low as possible. while braking semi hard, i can feel a click under the seat as if uts sliding forward like 1/8 of an inch, not a huge deal but just slightly annoying. ive also had the side of the bottom of the seat where the lumbar support control is start to slowly inch its way away from the car seat, fixed once under warranty but no longer under warranty.
you not the only one with the same *sliding seat issue* , i have it(or used to have it as i dont hear/feel that no more) , and also one more person on here. So its not weight related.. im only 180
Old 10-09-2017, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL550
Seat popping noise

i have the same motion and a popping noise. Tonight I raised the seat to it's highest setting and noticed that the threaded rod on the left side, there is one on each side, has very worn threads as if something that the rod slides or screws into is not tightened. Can anyone help?