E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Is this price worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Is this price worth it?

So now that the new E class has been out for a while, is it normal that my dealer still has a 2016 brand new W212 priced at $65K? Isn't the old E class supposed to get good discount price now? Damn 65K is more expensive than a lot of the new E class at the lot right now. I find it kind of odd. What do you guys think? Yes it is pretty well optioned and loaded but I still think it should be lower than that. Damn you could get a GLE for that price. A lot of people says the old E class should be around the 50Ks range right now. They even marked the car as end of year sale and yet is still 65K...

Last edited by Vvvvvv; 07-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 141 Likes on 105 Posts
2010 E550
That does seem steep, what specific model is it?
Old 07-23-2017, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Vvvvvv
So now that the new E class has been out for a while, is it normal that my dealer still has a 2016 W212 priced at $65K? Isn't the old E class supposed to get good discount price now? Damn 65K is more expensive than a lot of the new E class at the lot right now. I find it kind of odd. What do you guys think? Yes it is pretty well optioned and loaded but I still think it should be lower than that. Damn you could get a GLE for that price. A lot of people says the old E class should be around the 50Ks range right now.
It might depend on how fully loaded it is. May be custom made with a porcelain leather interior with P3 package and some special wood trim, etc.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 341 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
IMO used/previous model new cars at the dealer are marked absurdly high in order to move sales to the new year cars.

My mode of operation ....
I keep it simple and unemotional. I figure out (research) what a reasonable out the door price is, I write it down across one of their foursquare papers, and that's my offer. I'm not impolite about it, it's just business and they have 10 minutes. If they don't want to take it there's only about a million other cars out there. I offer an out the door price as tax/title are pretty straightforward to figure out and I don't have to mess with dealer prep/paint protection add-ons or any of that nonsense. And I'm dang sure not sitting there for hours playing games.
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (07-23-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 06:41 PM

None
Originally Posted by Peachy
That does seem steep, what specific model is it?
it is a 2016 E350 4Matic in polar white with standard black interior with:

premium package
lighting package
keyless go package
lane tracking package
sport package
18" AMG Twin 5-Spoke wheels

additional options:
  • 3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel
  • Black Ash Wood Trim
  • Beige Roof Liner
  • Comfort Box
  • Tires: P245/45R17 AS
  • KEYLESS GO
Old 07-23-2017, 06:42 PM

None
Originally Posted by Mud
IMO used/previous model new cars at the dealer are marked absurdly high in order to move sales to the new year cars.

I keep it simple and unemotional. I figure out (research) what a reasonable out the door price is, I write it down across one of their foursquare papers, and that's my offer. I'm not impolite about it, it's just business and they have 10 minutes. If they don't want to take it there's only about a million other cars out there. I offer an out the door price as tax/title are pretty straightforward to figure out and I don't have to mess with dealer prep/paint protection add-ons or any of that nonsense. And I'm dang sure not sitting there for hours playing games.
wow, never knew that sale method. That sounds evil lol!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,163 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Who knows what the dealer thinks. You just have to make an offer and see if they come down a lot or not. Maybe they think it has some value as the 2016's were the last of the 3.5L V6 engines. 2017 and 2018 just got 2.0L turbo engines that just did 241hp instead of the 302hp in the 3.5L. You'd have to step up to the E43 or E63 in order to get a V6.
raja777m (07-24-2017)

Trending Topics

Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 AM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by Vvvvvv
So now that the new E class has been out for a while, is it normal that my dealer still has a 2016 brand new W212 priced at $65K? Isn't the old E class supposed to get good discount price now? Damn 65K is more expensive than a lot of the new E class at the lot right now. I find it kind of odd. What do you guys think? Yes it is pretty well optioned and loaded but I still think it should be lower than that. Damn you could get a GLE for that price. A lot of people says the old E class should be around the 50Ks range right now. They even marked the car as end of year sale and yet is still 65K...
I think that may be about right---they probably discounted it only about $1-2K.
If it makes you feel any better, here is a "new" 2016 for $76k: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=MBE400
Originally Posted by Mud
Yep, ditto here. The dealerships hate me, lol, but I am a finance guy---so I don't have time for their sales shenanigans.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tresean1
I think that may be about right---they probably discounted it only about $1-2K.
If it makes you feel any better, here is a "new" 2016 for $76k: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...elCode1=MBE400
everything is nice, except it is not 4Matic but, nice find though.

Yep, ditto here. The dealerships hate me, lol, but I am a finance guy---so I don't have time for their sales shenanigans.
This is really valid, when you already have a car and have plenty of time. But, If you're in a rental car and they know about it (which was my mistake, to let them know, during my recent purchase), and if you're in a tight schedule. You're basically screwed..!
Old 07-24-2017, 01:33 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by raja777m
This is really valid, when you already have a car and have plenty of time. But, If you're in a rental car and they know about it (which was my mistake, to let them know, during my recent purchase), and if you're in a tight schedule. You're basically screwed..!
Yeah, I am helping one of my interns, with this very issue, as we speak. He is a young kid with a rental, and he wants this CLK so badly. I told him not to act so enthusiastic & never to say the words "I need"; and do not let them know you have a rental and are strapped for time. I am coaching him thru the process since this'll be his first car purchase and his parents are on the other side of the country.
raja777m (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tresean1
Yeah, I am helping one of my interns, with this very issue, as we speak. He is a young kid with a rental, and he wants this CLK so badly. I told him not to act so enthusiastic & never to say the words "I need"; and do not let them know you have a rental and are strapped for time. I am coaching him thru the process since this'll be his first car purchase and his parents are on the other side of the country.
cool, good job BTW
When i helped other people getting into a car, I always got a good deal for them. But, when it came to myself, all my experience went out of the sunroof, lol. glad you were there to help me out that day though
Well, I learned from my mistake/experience, not to tell them, you don't have other alternatives.
tresean1 (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 386 Likes on 315 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Agreed it is overpriced. They are probably keeping the price high thinking that someone turned off by the lack of a V6 in the E300 will buy it. A fool and his money...