E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

what is Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 06:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
E250 Diesel
what is Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center?

I'm getting a moderate amount of bodywork done due to a fender bender and want to make sure that I get work done right. I asked around and there are a couple options in my area. The question: What is a Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center?

Do they have some tools, paint or MB trained people who are good something particular to MB? Don't they all use similar paint once the new car leaves the factory and simply match the color from the existing panels? I say this because I was told from a friend who used to run a body shop that even the same factory color changes over time and that they needed to "eye ball" the color to match a brand new paint on the old paint - essentially blending it so that it doesn't look different.

Or is this another marketing scheme where an indy shop pays the extortion fees to put on the "certified" label?
Old 09-21-2017, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 SL 55, 2014 E550 4Matic
Go with the certified collision center

im near a military base. This means everyone going to the same place at the same time. I've been hit twice before. One was in my benz and the other in my SRT. Well the certified center did an amazing job making my car look brand new. Paint was perfect. Everything was awesome. More expensive. But it will be done right every time. They are actually certified by Mercedes. The one I went to has people go to the corporation and get certified every year.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
There's lots of aluminum parts on MB these days. Not sure about the fenders, but I think the hood and trunk at least. Anyway, it's harder to work on than regular sheet metal. As for blending it, the paint fades after a few years so while the new paint will look like new paint, the paint on the car is old so it needs to be blended in. Has been like that for a long time.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by mellonc
What is a Mercedes-Benz Certified Collision Center?
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/seaso...lision_centers
The following users liked this post:
E250_92101 (09-22-2017)