Star emblem replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 C63 AMG coupe
Star emblem replacement

Hi everyone,

I went to the dealership to see if they can replace my star blem with a flat on. I have one of the first gen w212 (2010) that has the middle crease in the middle of the mood. The flat emblems they had did not fit in with the crease. They said to find an after market one that fits it, or get one small enough in diameter to go directly into the hole the star emblem is in.

My question is, has any one encountered this problem and what did you do to replace the star emblem? If you have a link to a flat emblem you bought, that'd be great.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350 Sedan V6
Originally Posted by silverbu11et
Hi everyone,

I went to the dealership to see if they can replace my star emblem with a flat one. I have one of the first gen w212 (2010) that has the middle crease in the middle of the mood. The flat emblems they had did not fit in with the crease. They said to find an after market one that fits it, or get one small enough in diameter to go directly into the hole the star emblem is in.

My question is, has any one encountered this problem and what did you do to replace the star emblem? If you have a link to a flat emblem you bought, that'd be great.
The genuine part for the facelift W212 will fit, but it's 56mm from memory and will go completely over the recessed hole, but does have a slight crown in it to cater for the peaked hood.

The badge size you need for the pre-facelift W212 is 45mm and it will sit inside the recessed hole. I got mine from Ebay (still waiting for it to turn up).

It was AUD$25 so it's worth trying.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/45MM-FLAT...72.m2749.l2649

Cheers,
Sime
The following 2 users liked this post by paintwerks_au:
MBArne (02-01-2018), silverbu11et (09-27-2017)