Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
How to upgrade AUDIO 20/50 to NTG 4.5?

Hey guys, hope you're all well.

I have recently dismantled an E63 AMG W212.

I would like to sell the NTG Navigation system on eBay and so I want to create a package for people who want to upgrade their Audio 20/50 etc (aka non-navigation models).

What should I include, what does it take to actually upgrade to the navigation?

I have all the wiring, all the amplifiers, all the components so I just want to know all the parts required so I can collect them from the car I have and make it a package someone can buy to upgrade their non-nav system.

By the way the car has the Harmon & Kardon sound system.

I think it would be great for someone wanting to upgrade. Hell, I might even do it for them. I'm really handy with these cars now and can easily install things people are too intimidated to.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2010 Mercedes E550 4matic Sport P2, Driver Assistant, Night Vision, Parktronic and Panorama Sunroof
Originally Posted by e500slr
Hey guys, hope you're all well.

I have recently dismantled an E63 AMG W212.

I would like to sell the NTG Navigation system on eBay and so I want to create a package for people who want to upgrade their Audio 20/50 etc (aka non-navigation models).

What should I include, what does it take to actually upgrade to the navigation?

I have all the wiring, all the amplifiers, all the components so I just want to know all the parts required so I can collect them from the car I have and make it a package someone can buy to upgrade their non-nav system.

By the way the car has the Harmon & Kardon sound system.

I think it would be great for someone wanting to upgrade. Hell, I might even do it for them. I'm really handy with these cars now and can easily install things people are too intimidated to.

Thanks guys.
I know this is slightly unrelated, but are you looking to sell the exhaust system? I live in Canada. I want to put it on my e550
Old 10-25-2017, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by Lolxa
I know this is slightly unrelated, but are you looking to sell the exhaust system? I live in Canada. I want to put it on my e550
I would love to but the cost of shipping from Australia to Canada would buy you a whole E63 as well as a house and yacht Our shipping services are especially expensive, they're 50 years behind.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
BUMP!! Anyone have any info on this? Obviously there's the NTG COMAND, the display, the fan and ducts I think for the headunit....not sure about the rest.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-Class S212 2013
I would be happy to buy the Hole lot, but i live in Norway so maybe shipping will kill that ?
Regardless, first you need to check which comand you have, If there are a pcmcia slot (app 3inches) below the volume control, you have an Comand NTG 4, If there is an sd card slot (app 1inch wide) you have an Comand Online NTG 4.5.

Option 1. Comand unit, screen and trim as one pacage. (You may include the screencable, sone older Audio20 came with other cable.
-buyer need to buy a new GPS module (app 50usd) and update a new code to install this in a new car (its linked to the vin number on your car. MB dealer can provide the new code. (This is to prevent theft)

Option 2. Include all the hardware in the Harman also, speakers, amplifiers, sub in the trunk, (not sure about which cables that you may use from old system, but the cables for the sub in the trunk is atleast missing in a regular Audio20 installation)