E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Tint Recommendations for 2014 Polar White E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 : Sport package, lighting package, dynamic and massage seats, blind spot/parking assist
Tint Recommendations for 2014 Polar White E350

Hey guys, this is my first post on here and thought I would show my new car and get some opinions on some modifications! I bought the 14 e350 about a month ago, and first thing I need is tints!! I am debating on between 5 and 15%. My older c300 had 20% all around but felt it wasn't dark enough, even though it looked great with the grey color. Now that the car is white, I don't know if having almost pitch black tints will make it look good! Also considering doing front windshield. Opinions? Also, a buddy of mine took these awesome photos so if anybody happens to be around Grand Rapids, MI and wants some awesome photographs, lemme know!!

Old 11-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
Get info on what level of tint is legal in your state.
Here in TX it's 35% and you can't tint the windshield other than the band at the top that many cars already have.
In many cases a blackout tint is a magnet for getting pulled over, but in the end it's your decision.

In my case I thought the 35% tint still helped with the overall lines of the car
The following users liked this post:
Mustafaw212 (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 01:21 PM

'14 E350 : Sport package, lighting package, dynamic and massage seats, blind spot/parking assist
I believe in Michigan we are not allowed to have any sort of tint on our front windows. Officer pulled me over once and told me my 35% was illegal. I have a couple buddies with all around tints and honestly I feel that if I'm going to get pulled over for tints, I might as well have my car tinted properly.
Having privacy as well is awesome as I hate that everyone can see me now, just feels weird.
I love the look of your car man, having replaced the chrome makes your car look 10x more stealthy.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mud
Get info on what level of tint is legal in your state.
Here in TX it's 35% and you can't tint the windshield other than the band at the top that many cars already have.
In many cases a blackout tint is a magnet for getting pulled over, but in the end it's your decision.

In my case I thought the 35% tint still helped with the overall lines of the car
I believe in Michigan we are not allowed to have any sort of tint on our front windows. Officer pulled me over once and told me my 35% was illegal. I have a couple buddies with all around tints and honestly I feel that if I'm going to get pulled over for tints, I might as well have my car tinted properly.
Having privacy as well is awesome as I hate that everyone can see me now, just feels weird.
I love the look of your car man, having replaced the chrome makes your car look 10x more stealthy.
Old 11-03-2017, 01:48 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
Thank you, it also helped to look different with the wheels redone and the trim wrap. So I understand your wanting to make your car your own look.
I hear you about the privacy. I remember the first drive after tint, felt like I was in my private room lol.
I didnt know that no tint is allowed in your state. I do think that a very dark tint may get you pulled over with a ticket plus removal but that's your call.
Good luck with the mods! Those pictures are great, really well done.