E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

DIY help for any of these- Reverse camera, front camera and software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 facelift
DIY help for any of these- Reverse camera, front camera and software update

Hi everyone I wonder if you can help me, I failed to find 'how to'.

I drive a W212 facelift 2013 and I love DIY myself. I want to install, but I really tried for days to find information but didn't find:
1. Reverse camera
A. So except the camera, what module I need? or else maybe my car came with it - how can I check?
B. What do I need to remove from my dashboard to plug connections? seriously, I tried youtube and forums... Nothing relevant to my car.

2. Front camera - Can I plug electricity to the overhead control panel instead of having wires running?

3. Software update - I've seen some facelift have different software then mine (on youtube)
A. Can update the software or even the firmware?
B. How can I find what is the current software I run?

Please please please don't tell me to go to my dealer... Yes I'm a woman but hey I'm sure can do it myself.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 facelift
I removed the vent to see the computer model HW2129017506 SW2129028908 - again I didn't find much information regarding these numbers (?)
Someone can please help?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,174 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
The reverse camera was pretty standard as it came with the P1 package and most cars had that package. What's the VIN number? You'd put it in a vin decoder and it'd tell you what options the car has. It should come on when you go into reverse.

For Comand updates, MB made it harder to get, you may be stuck with going to the dealer to get it updated. They normally won't do it unless you're having a specific problem. You could just mention that you need bluetooth updates and maybe Sirius updates. There's a $130 off $250 service coupon out there, I used one last time to get my Comand updated. Good til the end of December.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servi...olidaythankyou