E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

10.25 inch android headunit installed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 01-18-2023, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Originally Posted by Left Coast Geek
the problem with no-name 'china inc' devices is, even though multiple devices from loosely related vendors appear identical, they often have subtle and poorly documented engineering changes, and the OS software has to 'know' about all these to work correctly.
​​​​​​Im not here to really debate this and would really appreciate it more if i can get help with what I am asking for. Can we just please agree to disagree on this subject and move on.

So if anyone else can help I would really appreciate it. Attached is my about device i should've posted earlier.

Last edited by aznmode; 01-18-2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
this screen is based on MTK processor and not Snapdragon, so you will not find any update for this screen even the seller will not reply or send any file,
only the snapdragon KSW are updatable, they start from android 9 till currently android 12.
The following users liked this post:
Aussie_E350_Wag (01-18-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 05:10 PM

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts
2013 E350 Facelift (Japan Import) 2007 E350 Elegance Wagon, 2014 E350 Wagon facelift model Jap Model
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
this screen is based on MTK processor and not Snapdragon, so you will not find any update for this screen even the seller will not reply or send any file,
only the snapdragon KSW are updatable, they start from android 9 till currently android 12.
Do you know where you can source the .APK update files for the snapdragon CPUs?
Old 01-18-2023, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts
Cls63 & C32
from F30.bimmerpost or discord sites, what do you need?
Old 01-18-2023, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Robert AMG
Do you recall when they came out with Snapdragon on the square non-round corner screen? I thought snapdragon came out on the round corners only. Anyway, here's a video of Flexx updating his to the new MBUX interface on the square screen. This video was uploaded July 2019. This unit I have is also from 2019 with square screen.

Found this other thread in 2019 on upgrading the square screens.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...01-04-a-4.html

Old 05-28-2023, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz e250, w212 mk 2011
Fakra cables

Originally Posted by we47b1me
I posted two cables you need. You only referenced one. It's kinda hard to mess it up.
Are fakra gps cables same for different car brands? They should be universal.
i want to do the same, replace chinese gps antena with factory one.
Whitch fakra connector do I need for 2011 W212 (FAKRA C)?

Last edited by Zraic; 05-29-2023 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:12 AM

GLk 350
Originally Posted by xMaximus
Finally got my COMAND to show up. Here's what the manufacturer said to do. Since my unit is an old unit (2010), I had to splice two wires and connect them (see photo below).

Red and yellow wires. (Video and 12V)

Finally...

Thanks for everyone's input and help. Next up, trying to get my knob to scroll through the apps and the aux audio to work with the music apps.

Hey I know it's been a while but could you help me with the knob issue?
Old 01-23-2024, 12:03 AM

W203, W208, X204
I've had my Android Unit installed for like 2 years now in my wife's GLK350 and everything works, but one thing has irked me since the installation. The Bluetooth and Z-link connect and Android Auto works with everything except phone calls. Whenever I get a call it goes to the original blue phone screen. Whenever I make a call it goes to the blue phone screen. Sometimes I can see a caller's face and number show in Android Auto before it switches over to the blue phone screen. Is there some setting to fix this? It bothers me because I know exactly how Android Auto works in my C and CLK class that both have pioneer systems. Any ideas?
Old 01-23-2024, 01:04 AM

W203, W208, X204
I've had my Android Unit installed for like 2 years now in my wife's GLK350 and everything works, but one thing has irked me since the installation. The Bluetooth and Z-link connect and Android Auto works with everything except phone calls. Whenever I get a call it goes to the original blue phone screen. Whenever I make a call it goes to the blue phone screen. Sometimes I can see a caller's face and number show in Android Auto before it switches over to the blue phone screen. Is there some setting to fix this? It bothers me because I know exactly how Android Auto works in my C and CLK class that both have pioneer systems. Any ideas?
Old 01-29-2024, 07:08 PM

m157
Any owners care to comment on sound quality with the android head unit installed?
same as oem?

Also where is the go to place to purchase latest 10” andorid unit, CKM or DMO?
Old 01-29-2024, 07:30 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Mercedes 2014 E350 Estate (S212)
personally used roadtop. It’s pretty much OEM quality.

make sure you (instead of plugging in the aux 3.5mm audio cable) enable the internal audio aux which i think provides a superior setup (plus no disassembly of the console). This applies at least to ntg 4.5 and up I believe.

if anyone finds a android screen or carplay decoder that can connect using the factory bluetooth then in theory you can get left side steering wheel control of forward/rewind and song info on the mfd display. If you do please let me know.
This may in theory allow for some additional quality due to surround/dts or whatever (I’m not fully sure).

Originally Posted by Bagelfast55
Any owners care to comment on sound quality with the android head unit installed?
same as oem?

Also where is the go to place to purchase latest 10” andorid unit, CKM or DMO?
The following users liked this post:
DubVBenz (01-30-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 02:23 AM

2013 E350
Originally Posted by nateo83
personally used roadtop. It’s pretty much OEM quality.

make sure you (instead of plugging in the aux 3.5mm audio cable) enable the internal audio aux which i think provides a superior setup (plus no disassembly of the console). This applies at least to ntg 4.5 and up I believe.

if anyone finds a android screen or carplay decoder that can connect using the factory bluetooth then in theory you can get left side steering wheel control of forward/rewind and song info on the mfd display. If you do please let me know.
This may in theory allow for some additional quality due to surround/dts or whatever (I’m not fully sure).
Glad this thread is still alive! So what do you mean by enabling the internal audio aux? I have a 2013 W212, I already have AUX enabled, and I can only get my 10.33" Android unit to play audio through the aux cord and had to route it to the center console and use the AMI port. AND, I get static!! SUCKS! I am desperately looking for a fix for this. Tried a ground loop isolater for the 3.5mm aux.. didn't work.

My unit is not a road top, but I did notice on the Android connector suppled with the unit that plugs into the NTG , it has a short 3.5mm cable labled aux in. I tried to use that instead of routing the aux cable to the center console but that didn't work.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-14-2024, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 642 Likes on 481 Posts
W212 FL
Hey, I think he means media sources to the COMAND unit . You know ,we have a couple of choices to chose from : USB , Bluetooth Audio, AUX in the related menu . In that menu , AUX must be enabled . As I recall, it must be at the bottom of the displ
Old 02-14-2024, 04:34 AM

2013 E350
Originally Posted by BenzV12
Hey, I think he means media sources to the COMAND unit . You know ,we have a couple of choices to chose from : USB , Bluetooth Audio, AUX in the related menu . In that menu , AUX must be enabled . As I recall, it must be at the bottom of the displ
Okay, because when he said "make sure you (instead of plugging in the aux 3.5mm audio cable) enable the internal audio aux which i think provides a superior setup (plus no disassembly of the console). This applies at least to ntg 4.5 and up I believe." he caught my attention, because I have NTG 4.5, but I have AUX enabled as one of the options, but I still have to plug in the 3.5mm audio and disassemble the console and all that. I was hoping there was a better way, and a way with cleaner sound!

This is the audi in cable that is directly pinned into the android harness. But it doesn't work....

Old 02-14-2024, 07:48 AM

look here
https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...ml#post8296151

short answer is it’s in the engineering menu. Audio aux in is a toggle. If i get time i’ll take a pic. The toggle is there as not all cars have an aux in jack or a AMI port - some have nothing.

once you do that, you unplug the 3.5mm aux wire and you can tape it up (preferably with RF blocking tape).. then you can delete the wire sticking into your console or globebox that plugs into the original car’s aux in. If you leave it plugged in and also enable the internal aux in as above it will create a feedback loop and the buzzing sound that has been reported.

Originally Posted by themartinz
Glad this thread is still alive! So what do you mean by enabling the internal audio aux? I have a 2013 W212, I already have AUX enabled, and I can only get my 10.33" Android unit to play audio through the aux cord and had to route it to the center console and use the AMI port. AND, I get static!! SUCKS! I am desperately looking for a fix for this. Tried a ground loop isolater for the 3.5mm aux.. didn't work.

My unit is not a road top, but I did notice on the Android connector suppled with the unit that plugs into the NTG , it has a short 3.5mm cable labled aux in. I tried to use that instead of routing the aux cable to the center console but that didn't work.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-14-2024, 07:40 PM

2013 E350
Originally Posted by nateo83
look here
https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...ml#post8296151

short answer is it’s in the engineering menu. Audio aux in is a toggle. If i get time i’ll take a pic. The toggle is there as not all cars have an aux in jack or a AMI port - some have nothing.

once you do that, you unplug the 3.5mm aux wire and you can tape it up (preferably with RF blocking tape).. then you can delete the wire sticking into your console or globebox that plugs into the original car’s aux in. If you leave it plugged in and also enable the internal aux in as above it will create a feedback loop and the buzzing sound that has been reported.
So here is a picture of my HU Parameter in my Engineering menu. See that Audio Aux shows "on". Always has. And I have the AMI plug in the center console. If I don't use the aux cable from the Android and route all the way to the aux input on the ami in the center console, I get no sound. And I do get that feedback noise!!! Also, I do have the Harmon Kardon amp.

Old 02-14-2024, 08:50 PM

interesting….
when i turned it on there was a procedure here on mbworld and it involved turning the MOST server off or the amp off. Then on again. Then restarting the COMAND… will look at my menu this weekend and or try to find that… also when I finally got it working i had nothing plugged into the 3.5mm female socket in the actual wiring harness.

i have a NTG 4.7 2014 (facelift) W212. The year and version may also play.

So here is a picture of my HU Parameter in my Engineering menu. See that Audio Aux shows "on". Always has. And I have the AMI plug in the center console. If I don't use the aux cable from the Android and route all the way to the aux input on the ami in the center console, I get no sound. And I do get that feedback noise!!! Also, I do have the Harmon Kardon amp.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:58 PM

2013 E350
I did read something about that on the forum. Didn't quite know if that was to solve my problem, but I guess it can't hurt. I will try resetting the MOST and AUX with the new Android harness plugged in but not the aux cable. See what happens....
Old 02-15-2024, 09:11 PM

2013 E350
Little update:

I went into the engineering menu and disabled MOST, disabled aux, re-enabled aux, reenabled MOST, and messed around with various combos of that.

When I went and fire the system back up, I no longer got sound through the aux cable in the center console AMI port. So I pulled that sucker out and plugged in into the short 3.5mm aux in on the back of the Andoid connector which plugs in the back of the NTG, and it works. So, no longer need to use the center console. I also don't notice the static/feedback as much but didn't get a chance to really drive around and see if any engine noise is a part of that.

So I am semi-satisfied for now... no AMI port center console wire clutter, sound seems okay for now. Sure would be nice if they could splice into the optical cable that send the signal to the amp instead of using 3.5mm aux as the sound quality would be much better at volume. Now i have to really play with the two different volume levels to find that sweet spot where the bass doesn't overwhelm.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:12 PM

2013 E350
Sorry, last question for those still monitoring...

Any way to use steering wheel controls with the android head unit? At least the answer/hang up call buttons?
Old 02-16-2024, 12:08 AM

Received 370 Likes on 158 Posts
AMG
Little update:

I went into the engineering menu and disabled MOST, disabled aux, re-enabled aux, reenabled MOST, and messed around with various combos of that.

When I went and fire the system back up, I no longer got sound through the aux cable in the center console AMI port. So I pulled that sucker out and plugged in into the short 3.5mm aux in on the back of the Andoid connector which plugs in the back of the NTG, and it works. So, no longer need to use the center console. I also don't notice the static/feedback as much but didn't get a chance to really drive around and see if any engine noise is a part of that.

So I am semi-satisfied for now... no AMI port center console wire clutter, sound seems okay for now. Sure would be nice if they could splice into the optical cable that send the signal to the amp instead of using 3.5mm aux as the sound quality would be much better at volume. Now i have to really play with the two different volume levels to find that sweet spot where the bass doesn't overwhelm.
Wow, looks like you guys have really caught onto something here. Using the settings to avoid running the damn aux cable thru the center is huge imho! Thanks to everyone who found this and brought it to attention!
Old 03-01-2024, 08:08 PM

m157
Just got my kit, i dont need he GPS antenna, 4G module, and microphone, is it okay to leave them unplugged and off the kit when installed?
Old 03-01-2024, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Just got my kit, i dont need he GPS antenna, 4G module, and microphone, is it okay to leave them unplugged and off the kit when installed?
I would recommend the gps antenna at least. Install google maps or waze as back up on the screen incase your phones gps goes out of whack during android auto or car play which relies on your phone gps. Then you can use those apps on the screen which will require the gps antenna.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:50 AM

E350 AvantGuard (Jap)
Jap car

Has anyone managed to fit one of these to a Japanese model please?

I had one and I got no sound regardless of what aux setup I had and there was no NTG passthrough. Some people told me I needed a UK command unit to make it work and I have just finished switching out the JAP unit for a UK one and coded it to the car but the Android unit still wont make a sound or passthrough NTG.

Wondering if its a problem with the unit or the car =/
Old 03-18-2024, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 E350 Bluetec
My unit would not work without the GPS antenna sitting on the front dash. I had take the unit apart and install it before I figured this out. It would work sporadically on a sunny day but not at all if there was any cover.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.67 average.

Quick Reply: 10.25 inch android headunit installed