MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Distronic or Lighting Package (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/696485-distronic-lighting-package.html)

drwolf 02-08-2018 07:52 PM

my vote in the Distronic, the reason i say this is because on the W212 the throw you get with the default (Xenon's im guessing, i dont know what it is) is pretty good, although you dont get the active curve and the auto-highbeams your in good shape. From driving a 2016 S550 with the LED's its hard to pass on those too but thats just me. Having Distronic is a really dependent on where you live, whats your commute to your work and if you detest stop-and-go traffic. Either way you cant go wrong, Good Luck

cetialpha5 02-08-2018 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by drwolf (Post 7377088)
my vote in the Distronic, the reason i say this is because on the W212 the throw you get with the default (Xenon's im guessing, i dont know what it is) is pretty good, although you dont get the active curve and the auto-highbeams your in good shape. From driving a 2016 S550 with the LED's its hard to pass on those too but thats just me. Having Distronic is a really dependent on where you live, whats your commute to your work and if you detest stop-and-go traffic. Either way you cant go wrong, Good Luck

In 2014 they went to LED as standard and the lighting package was an option. They had Bixenons in 2010-2013 as a option but got rid of them in 2014. Distronics would have been nice, but I have the active curve illumination on both cars and I think that ends up getting used more than distronics would have as I barely use cruise control as it is. There's too much traffic most of the time to use cruise control so I guess distronics might have helped with that. But I tend to switch lanes when there's lots of traffic so I'm not sure how really useful it would have been. It's too bad I see lots of cars with the lighting package, but then it has no other options. It's hard enough finding one with the lighting package, pano and park assist not to mention the driver assistance package. Probably easier to find in an E550, but those were pretty rare and they were only around in 2014. Plus when you go to an E550, the price jumps 5-10k.

drwolf 02-09-2018 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cetialpha5 (Post 7377237)
In 2014 they went to LED as standard and the lighting package was an option. They had Bixenons in 2010-2013 as a option but got rid of them in 2014. Distronics would have been nice, but I have the active curve illumination on both cars and I think that ends up getting used more than distronics would have as I barely use cruise control as it is. There's too much traffic most of the time to use cruise control so I guess distronics might have helped with that. But I tend to switch lanes when there's lots of traffic so I'm not sure how really useful it would have been. It's too bad I see lots of cars with the lighting package, but then it has no other options. It's hard enough finding one with the lighting package, pano and park assist not to mention the driver assistance package. Probably easier to find in an E550, but those were pretty rare and they were only around in 2014. Plus when you go to an E550, the price jumps 5-10k.

i didnt know they were LEDs in the 2014 W212, i liked them myself, but its definitely different on the ML with lighting package compared to the E without the lighting package.. mercedes being mercedes