E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Speaker questions, new member here!

Old 03-01-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 e250 bluetec
Speaker questions, new member here!

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I just picked up a 2014 e250 bluetec to use as my daily driver. I also have a 2011 range rover sport supercharged and have been very active on ranerovers.net forums. Basically, my recent commute has been requiring gas fill ups every 2-3 days, coming out to about $600 a month! Instead of putting miles, wear and tire on the rover, the e250 will be getting the brunt of it. Definitely looking forward to the 45+ hwy mpg.

The e250 I picked up has an interesting issue though that I hope some of you could answer. The drivers door tweeter and mid speaker sometimes do not work at low volumes from a cold start. If I raise the volume, the speakers just come back to life and stay that way until the car sits for a while. Its not consistent, and I'm hoping that when I bring it to the dealer in a couple weeks, that they don't say "cannot replicate."

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Loose wires to the speakers? Fuse? Both speakers cut out and are brought back to life at high volumes at the same time.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E350
I'm having the same issue with the drivers side tweeter. I replaced the tweeter but the condition continues .
Old 03-03-2018, 02:27 PM

2014 e250 bluetec
Could it be a loose wire to the amp?
Old 03-06-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by drdantheman1
The e250 I picked up has an interesting issue though that I hope some of you could answer. The drivers door tweeter and mid speaker sometimes do not work at low volumes from a cold start. If I raise the volume, the speakers just come back to life and stay that way until the car sits for a while. Its not consistent, and I'm hoping that when I bring it to the dealer in a couple weeks, that they don't say "cannot replicate."

Any ideas as to what might be causing this? Loose wires to the speakers? Fuse? Both speakers cut out and are brought back to life at high volumes at the same time.

Thanks!
Hmmm, interesting. I experienced that issue with my W203...but never any of my newer Benzes.
I just turned off the system for a few seconds, then turned it on again; that usually solved the issue for me.
Then the dealership said it was a software update that was required...so I know what you mean about the trusty "cannot duplicate" blanket statement.
I just learned to live with it until some idiot totaled my car. :-)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:13 PM

2014 e250 bluetec
Lol I finally caught it in the act and made a video. Not sure how to post it on here directly without going through YouTube but it’s definitely from just the tweeter. I can hear it occasionally buzz and eventually stop working at low volumes.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:07 PM

2014 e250 bluetec
Just to bring some closure to the first thread I started here, the mercedes dealer first did a software update to the comand system. That did not seem to work, so they replaced the amplifier and I'm glad to report that the problem is now solved. Speakers sounds absolutely fantastic.
The following users liked this post:
Johnny Rad (03-28-2018)