E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

One year in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2014 E350
One year in

I’ve owned my 2014 E350 Sport 4matic for a little over one year. During that time I’ve put about 7k-7.5k miles on it. Overall I am very happy and here is some observations during the past year:
The car is my daily driver and my daily commute is about 20 miles round trip with a combo of surface streets and highway. The engine is smooth and provides strong pull for my daily use. My previous two cars were turbos, and while I liked the low-end torque of those cars (Volvo s80, Saab 9-5) I am very satisfied with the na V6.
Handling: A little bit of understeer but very predictable and nice flat cornering for everyday driving. Steering felt a little too light compared to what I was used to in the Volvo, but after about a week it felt easy and accurate. Now going back to the Volvo on occasion I prefer the feel of the Mercedes.
Brakes: I’ve been lucky in that I have not had any problems with rotors warping. Stopping is predictable and brakes are appropriately grippy.
Ergonomics/comfort: As others have noted, the seat bottoms are a little on the flat side but the side bolsters are excellent. My previous two cars had some of the best seats available, IMO, and the ones in my Mercedes are solid seconds to those. I can ride for at least two hours in my car with no lower back pain.
Reliability: My car has 22k on it at this point and has been trouble free. Who knows what the future holds but so far it has been great.
Satisfaction: Overall, I really love this car. I described it to someone recently as like a wingman. It is predictable, handling is intuitive and it just feels in sync with my driving style and expectations. I once read a review that described it as gratifying and I think that sums it up perfectly.
Things I would change: Transmission can be sluggish in winter (sub 20F mornings are common where I live). Fragile AMG style wheels/tires.
Things I would NEVER change: Adaptive full LEDs are awesome. Best headlights I’ve had in any car. Overall satisfaction of driving is second to none for me. Overall driving feel is incredibly balanced.
These are just my impressions, YMMV.
The following 2 users liked this post by baybombers:
KEY08 (04-09-2018), raja777m (04-09-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 243 Posts
2012 E550 v8-Biturbo
Glad to hear.

Thanks for sharing. Everyone posts when something goes wrong, so it's nice to hear a positive review.
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
MB is having tons of features that most of the owners will never have idea about.
I drove MB models with Brake Assist for 10 years before I experienced how it works.
And then I was really, really glad I had the feature.
Now having Drive Assistance Plus I am trying to test if the car will really stop by itself to prevent accident. Had lot of warning beeping, but never brakes.
I still feel like rubbing the 40+ mpg, while averaging over 70 mph on long trips.
Drove last weekend 560 miles from Vegas to Frisco, did additional 100 miles around Bay Area and filled up still having almost 1/4 tank. Friend ask if the car runs on water

Last edited by kajtek1; 04-09-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:13 PM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
OP, positive review. Tired of reading whiners on the forum or those wanting to become a future W212 expressin doubts and trouble about warranty, maintenance repair. Like you I have had nothing but strong reliable sedans. I'm very pleased with mine.