E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

OTA Registration HELP! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Old 04-16-2018, 04:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 E350 Sport 2014 C63 507.
OTA Registration HELP! 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

I activated my mbrace acct but was told I needed to go to the dealership to get an OTA registration at no cost. Dealership told me it would be $178 to do it. I leave the stealership expeditiously. Call mbrace back and the young lady tells me she would google it and its should be no more than pressing 3 buttons. I kiss her over the phone and hit the google. Not exactly finding it.

My senses tell tell me that I just need to reset COMAND. Is that so? Which 3 buttons do I press? Help! Love you mean it
Old 04-16-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 E250 BT, 2021 EQC 400
Originally Posted by prestonhendu
I activated my mbrace acct but was told I needed to go to the dealership to get an OTA registration at no cost. Dealership told me it would be $178 to do it. I leave the stealership expeditiously. Call mbrace back and the young lady tells me she would google it and its should be no more than pressing 3 buttons. I kiss her over the phone and hit the google. Not exactly finding it.

My senses tell tell me that I just need to reset COMAND. Is that so? Which 3 buttons do I press? Help! Love you mean it
I needed to go to the dealerships to get MBRACE activated, but I was not charged. Send2Benz is now working, but nothing else requiring internet access is working. After spending significant time and multiple calls with MBRACE’s advanced tech support, the verdict was that the car needs a software update. Hoping to schedule that soon. I’m honestly not sure if it will be worth it at the end.... nothing with MBRACE seems to be as simple as pressing 3 buttons! Hopefully your experience will be better!
The following users liked this post:
prestonhendu (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2015 E350 Sport 2014 C63 507.
Originally Posted by E250_92101

I needed to go to the dealerships to get MBRACE activated, but I was not charged. Send2Benz is now working, but nothing else requiring internet access is working. After spending significant time and multiple calls with MBRACE’s advanced tech support, the verdict was that the car needs a software update. Hoping to schedule that soon. I’m honestly not sure if it will be worth it at the end.... nothing with MBRACE seems to be as simple as pressing 3 buttons! Hopefully your experience will be better!
Right! I'm at 55K (out of factory warranty) so they want to rape me lol. I talked to an mbrace rep who told me to call tomorrow and he has someone who can help me. We will see. I mainly wanted it for Send2Benz and remote start. If they worked well then I would explore if it's worth it.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 E250 BT, 2021 EQC 400
Originally Posted by prestonhendu

Right! I'm at 55K (out of factory warranty) so they want to rape me lol. I talked to an mbrace rep who told me to call tomorrow and he has someone who can help me. We will see. I mainly wanted it for Send2Benz and remote start. If they worked well then I would explore if it's worth it.
Send2Benz is something I use all the time. It's worth going through some pain to get it to work. However, remote start is not supported for W212 through MBRACE. It only works in the next generation E-class...