Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

SRS Malfunction

Old 05-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
SRS Malfunction

Hello MBWORLD! I was helping my daughter clean her C300 and unplugged the connectors under the seats. I plugged them back in and now it says "front right/left srs malfunction service required". How do I clear this or fix it? I unplugged the battery to hopefully clear it, but that didn't work. Need your help!

Thanks
Old 05-09-2018, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 154 Likes on 145 Posts
2010 e550 p2
Originally Posted by David Dixon View Post
Hello MBWORLD! I was helping my daughter clean her C300 and unplugged the connectors under the seats. I plugged them back in and now it says "front right/left srs malfunction service required". How do I clear this or fix it? I unplugged the battery to hopefully clear it, but that didn't work. Need your help!

Thanks
in this case you would have to go to a dealer
or
have a nice obd2 diagnostic tool that able to reset the srs fault.
usualy srs codes dont disappear by themselves
Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 362 Posts
2014 E550 4Matic Designo Diamond White and loaded up
I concur that you may have difficulty resetting this without dealer help. If you are going to disconnect important contacts like the SDS, it is usually best to disconnect the battery first and then last after working in those areas to avoid creating the fault codes.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
My car threw the “SRS Malfunction” yesterday morning. It was very cold and blowing outside, but not below zero. I turned my car off and on twice to no avail. A few hours later and a for a few drives in a row since then, there’s no sign of the error message in the “messages” or the warning light in the instrument cluster remains off. Like my parking sensors that beep when they get covered with snow, I’m hoping to chalk this up to an environmental oddity (fingers crossed). I’m still going to get it checked out, so wish my wallet good luck.

Last edited by Johnny Rad; 02-23-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:34 PM
Mud

Received 197 Likes on 156 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
I can't say for sure on your car but some vehicles will clear the CEL after a preset number of drive cycles if the initial problem has been resolved. However this be for secondary type monitors and may not apply to vehicle safety components.