2014 E220 Cdi Brake discs and Pads replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E220 Cdi AMG Sport
2014 E220 Cdi Brake discs and Pads replacement

Hi All,

I'm just about to replace the discs and pads on all four corners of my 2014 E220 Cdi AMG sport estate as I've done on all my past Mercs. However, I have just spoken to someone who mentioned that I have to be careful when compressing the piston back into the calliper on some ABS models as it may cause damage to the braking ecu as the brake fluid is not designed to flow backwards?

I've not heard of this before and I'm a little concerned that I may cause serious damage to my car by just changing the discs and pads. Can anyone enlighten me if this kind of braking circuit exists? and if so does it apply to my 2014 E220 Cdi AMG sport estate?

Appreciate any info in advance

Dave H
Old 08-03-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
HI Dave,

I looked up WIS general instructions using your model information and can find no mention of not being able to push the caliper pistons back ie "Fluid Reverse Flow". How else would one push the pistons back to allow for new thicker replacement pads but for "Reverse Flow"??

Anyway, attached are the instructions.

Good Luck,

Bob
Old 08-03-2018, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E220 Cdi AMG Sport
Originally Posted by mercy-me
HI Dave,

I looked up WIS general instructions using your model information and can find no mention of not being able to push the caliper pistons back ie "Fluid Reverse Flow". How else would one push the pistons back to allow for new thicker replacement pads but for "Reverse Flow"??

Anyway, attached are the instructions.

Good Luck,

Bob
Thanks Bob,
The only way that I can think of is to open the bleed nipples before pushing cylinders back. Many thanks for the instructions.

Dve H