E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Slow to gain speed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 240clk MB C250 EST
Slow to gain speed.

Hello. I have an MB E250 (212) diesel estate and when I set off from cold, the car will not accelerate for about the first ten seconds no matter how far you press the accelerator pedal, no kick down either, not that I would thrash the car from cold. After about ten seconds the car will suddenly pick up and off we go, but sometimes the car will go into what feels like limp mode without showing the engine management light. If I stop, switch the engine off and restart it, everything is then fine and the car seems perfectly ok and believe me, it goes like a rocket when pushed. The local expert garage has had a look but could find no real fault even having gone through the engine management system with a fine tooth comb. Any Ideas please.
Old 06-27-2022, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212
Originally Posted by hilden
Hello. I have an MB E250 (212) diesel estate and when I set off from cold, the car will not accelerate for about the first ten seconds no matter how far you press the accelerator pedal, no kick down either, not that I would thrash the car from cold. After about ten seconds the car will suddenly pick up and off we go, but sometimes the car will go into what feels like limp mode without showing the engine management light. If I stop, switch the engine off and restart it, everything is then fine and the car seems perfectly ok and believe me, it goes like a rocket when pushed. The local expert garage has had a look but could find no real fault even having gone through the engine management system with a fine tooth comb. Any Ideas please.
Have you found any solution on this?
I have the same problem, only in the morning and only for some seconds, when accelerating it just doesn’t go. After that car works normally.
It began to happen after I corrected a oil leak in engine cover, so the injectors were removed, but I don’t know if they are the problem. There are no fault codes.