E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Replacement key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 09:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2016 E350 Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by kbui75
They really rob you blind with the cost of replacement key. Bought a used 2017 E300 few weeks ago that only come with 1 key. Called 2 dealers in North Texas area and they both quoted $544 for the key, $100 or so for the blade and about $170 service charge to program the new key. I'm looking at about $814 plus tax for a freaking key. Anyway I can get it for less? TIA for all the help.
Like you, when I bought my used 2016 E350 it only came with one key. Last year (August, 2017) when I took it to my local MB dealership for its "A" Service I asked the MB service rep to order me a new key. They charged me $392 for the key. When it arrived they programmed it and disabled the missing key for free. I had not purchased my used car from the servicing MB dealership.

Your interactions with the MB dealership may also be indicative of the level of service you can expect to receive from them. My experience with my local MB dealership so far is that they are VERY sensitive of potential customer feedback to MB corporate (from follow-on customer service surveys) and bend over backwards to try to make their customer service experience positive.

- Longroof

The following users liked this post:
kbui75 (08-30-2018)