E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Gas pedal delay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2018 | 01:03 PM

Mercedes w212 e200 sedan
Gas pedal delay

Hello guys I have a problem with my Mercedes E200 CGI BLUETEC (W212).
Some times in some situations i need to press pedal full to the ground to pass another car when i press gas pedal it take 2-4 seconds to response
I changed air filter, engine oil and transmission oil
and the problem still is there some steps to fix this problem.

Info : my friend has the same car and he doesn't have this problem.

Car pic:

And this pic for under hood parts:

Old 09-12-2018 | 03:54 AM

E55
This is a gripe I have with most modern drive-by-wire cars. Some are worse than others - I recall a SAAB and a VW Touareg where it was hideous. The SAAB almost got me into dangerous situations because the long hesitation made other trafficants think I was waiting for them, then the car would take off quite briskly.

I believe it is intentional, to relieve the gearbox from sudden torque increases and smoothen the drive. The auto gearbox is adaptive and "adjusts to your driving style" - though I never understood what the heck they mean by that. If I drive aggressively, will the transmission gradually become more aggressive? If I mostly trundle along highways, will it become more reluctant to gear down? What is the point of that? Would it not be better if it operated according to input every gear change?

So it could be the case that a reset of your computer may fix things. There are instructions on this board on how to do that, I never bothered myself.

I don't know if there is anything particularly wrong with your car, but I have that engine in mine too, and there is definitely a delay. Very noticeably from idle when I start from a standstill, even more so as you describe - when I slow down at an intersection and then floor it when a gap in the flow allows. Like the car gets stupidly surprised - "What? You want to accelerate? But you were braking just now!" and have to think a bit about what gear to use and how much to open the throttle and stuff.

It is not as severe as in some other cars I have driven, but decidedly more than in my former two supercharged Mercs, that would just dash off so abruptly that the tires squealed - and I can't remember it ever happening in my naturally aspired cars of old where the gas pedal directly actuated the throttle vanes - so I think the problem is compounded with the fact that the turbo needs a moment to spool up before full torque is achieved. The latter would also be the reason why it is much less noticeable higher up in the rpm register, because then the turbo needs much less time to get going.
Old 09-12-2018 | 08:14 AM

W212 E350 2014
2-4 sec to accelerate fast is normal, the non-amg models are tweaked in this way so it is more comfy. It can be changed through a chip tune.
2-4 sec to respond from fully stop is def not normal and has high safety concern.
Which is your situation tho? Need to be more precise on your wording so we can debug it
Old 09-12-2018 | 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 E350 Sport
If only this thread (below) could be made a STICKY... See Post #8...

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ton-start.html

Last edited by DFWdude; 09-12-2018 at 09:30 AM.