E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Vehicle rising please wait under driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
W124 W212
Vehicle rising please wait under driving

When I drive the car, suddenly it loses all the pressure in the bellows and drop instantly. Both bells have been replaced recently.

Previously, it only lost pressure while the car was standing still. Now it keeps the pressure all the time but sometimes it suddenly loses all the pressure while driving.

As you can hear in the clip, the pump goes but the bellows do not get pressurized. After some restarts the bellows got pressure.

This car has only auto self leveling rear suspension, not airmatic system. Any idea?

Old 10-07-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
I have some experience with Airmatic on my previous W220. Since you have only the rear to worry about, the possibilities are cut in half. Watching your video, it seems to me that your pump is not putting out enough volume/pressure to inflate the struts. They should pump right up. I would begin by searching for a leak in the valve unit. You are looking for something that is common to both sides since it is sinking equally. I would have the pressure checked on the pump, I can't recall exactly how much pressure it should put out but I think between 8-10 Bar, (might be a little more). If the pump is not putting out enough pressure, it will time out.
Airmatic is a great system but can be very frustrating.
See attachment for an overview.

Good luck,

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Notes on AIRmatic.pdf (107.9 KB, 691 views)
The following users liked this post:
212swe (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 02:55 PM

W124 W212
Originally Posted by mercy-me
I have some experience with Airmatic on my previous W220. Since you have only the rear to worry about, the possibilities are cut in half. Watching your video, it seems to me that your pump is not putting out enough volume/pressure to inflate the struts. They should pump right up. I would begin by searching for a leak in the valve unit. You are looking for something that is common to both sides since it is sinking equally. I would have the pressure checked on the pump, I can't recall exactly how much pressure it should put out but I think between 8-10 Bar, (might be a little more). If the pump is not putting out enough pressure, it will time out.
Airmatic is a great system but can be very frustrating.
See attachment for an overview.

Good luck,

Bob
Thanks for your reply. I contacted the workshop who changed the bellows. They would check the car for free so hope they solve the problem. I'll be back when I know what it is.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:57 AM

W124 W212
Problem solved. Plastic cover for air pump was broke, got water inside electronics.
The following users liked this post:
Oda112 (04-26-2019)