E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Does Anyone use MyCARFAX to document DIY service?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,725 Likes on 1,105 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Does Anyone use MyCARFAX to document DIY service?

I started using MyCARFAX recently. It's a website offshoot of CARFAX, where you can view all the service done on your car(s). If entries have been made into CARFAX before you bought the car, you will see that MyCARFAX captures all previous dealership work done, and any subsequent DIY work you chose to do. You can also upload your oil and filter receipts, brake parts you bought, etc, for each DIY service performed. A convenient cloud archive in case you misplace your receipts.

The site sends you reminders for scheduled maintenance needs (you set the parameters). Also, the site sends you reminders for state inspection and plate renewals (which get updated by your local inspection station and the DMV, apparently uploaded based on VIN). Finally you will receive any recall alerts. Pretty nifty

www.mycarfax.com

Only question is how a dealer would access the information directly themselves when you need to prove anything. I suppose you can log on using a dealership computer as well. Does anyone know?

Last edited by DFWdude; 11-13-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I've been using this for a few years to document work done whether DIY or at small shops. I don't think that dealers can view what you load into your service history but I haven't pulled a carfax report to check that. As you've pointed out, you can use this to document your work and that would be the proof if needed along with receipts, etc. I was getting service done on my wife's car earlier and used the app to pull up the history to give the service rep the exact date and mileage that something is done. Better than having to pull receipts out of the glovebox (although I still keep them there).
Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E-350W4
Yes. I find it helpful with reminders and a log of service performed.