E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Malfunction Error Message with upwards arrow

Old 12-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E 250 CDI Bluefficiency Estate
Malfunction Error Message with upwards arrow

I have a 2011 Mercedes E Class Estate 250cdi Blueefficiency. I purchased it back in June with full service history and it has now done 78,000 miles. It came up yesterday with an error message, Malfunction with a picture of a car with an upwards pointing arrow. On looking in the manual I gather this points towards a problem with suspension. A lot of what I can find online relates to airmatic but i don't think my Mercedes has this, certainly on the front I can see springs and i have a print out i received with the car showing all the options and it states Direct Control Suspension. Also the only control in the car to alter is the either economical or sprorts mode, E / S button. Any idea's of what this error message might be refering to? Will be contacting my mechanic tomorrow but as you do when its the weekend you start panicking and wondering if this just a minor fault or a major and expensive one.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Your estate has rear air bags. There is a malfunction in the system.
The following users liked this post:
newleaf (12-02-2018)
Old 06-06-2023, 01:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mercedez
I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my vehicle recently and the reason why the suspension malfunctioned with the up arrow came out and it turns out that the ADS Valve is faulty, the hard part is I had to replace the air strut too to replace the ADS Valve. I came across an in-depth article that may be worth reading. Search for "Mercedes-Benz Air Suspension Malfunction + UP Arrow on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes. You can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (06-06-2023)