E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Recommended brake pads?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 05:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 Altima, 2011 E550
Originally Posted by JettaRed
As I said, I've had good luck with Dynamic Friction ceramic pads. Whether I get them from Rock Auto or Amazon doesn't really matter to me. I've only had a problem with Amazon when I buy something NOT fulfilled by Amazon.

I get my rotors from FCP, but I got the pads from Rock Auto. However, Akebono pads were highly recommended by the FCP staff when I got them previously for my SL500. I want pads that stop well, wear well, and are clean.
Ok that’s fair. I appreciate the thorough reply.
When it comes time to purchase I’ll give Dynamic Friction a look.

Damn okay, I appreciate that insight. So far I trust FCP Euro more or less comprehensively.

Which rotors did you get from FCP? Seems like the rotors are the most critical part to get right when you consider the shake issue with the w212
Old 02-19-2024, 10:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by kbob999

If you hate brake dust, use Akebono.
+1. The stock pads on my car would turn the wheels from clean to black in 2 weeks .... and the brakes seemed to grab. Got rid of them right away and used the Akebono. Never looked back.
Old 02-20-2024, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,324 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by mgiara
Which rotors did you get from FCP? Seems like the rotors are the most critical part to get right when you consider the shake issue with the w212
I got Genuine Mercedes brake rotors for my fronts and ATE rotors for rears. I caught them when the price was reasonable. Now the Benz rotors are $253 each. They were for my SL400 right after I bought it. I didn't install them for well over a year since the ones on the car were still good. But, if you see a deal, grab it. If you never use the part, you can return it years later for a store credit.

Looks like FCP only carries Zimmerman as aftermarket now.

Old 02-20-2024, 04:12 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
2014 E350 Sport 4Matic Sedan
With about 70k miles on my E350, the front brakes felt warped. That is to say, there was a pulsating feeling to them. There was a lot of recommendations here on MBWorld to go with a kit offered at FCP Euro, which included Centric rotors and Akebono pads. But I wanted to try Brembo. So I put Brembo Premium UV coated drilled rotors and Brembo NAO Ceramic pads.

The Brembo NAO Ceramic pads were quiet and had good stopping power. But they were dirty. As dirty as any semi metallic pads that I have used. So I replaced them after only 15k miles, and plenty of material still left, with Powerstop Evolution Sport Z23 carbon fiber ceramic pads. The Z23 pads have been on for 13k miles now, and I could not be happier with them. They don't leave any dirt on the wheels, they are quiet, they stop well, and so far, it looks like they will last a long time. I would recommend Powerstop Z23 pads for anyone, except for where semi-metallic pads are needed for more stopping power.

I am happy with the Brembo Premium UV coated rotors. They have not warped like the genuine Mercedes rotors are prone to do. They have been wearing well, and they are rust free.