E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Audio Trouble

Old 12-23-2018, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 2010 E63
Audio Trouble

I just got my first w212 e63 2010 and I’m having trouble streaming music. When I stream Bluetooth any time I touch the phone the music is choppy and when I plug the phone into the aux cord in the glove box it doesn’t work. As far as the aux cord goes I assume I have a faulty cord and would just need to replace it but for the Bluetooth is there any way to fix this. I understand I have an iPhone X and it’s a major jump in technology years between the car and the phone but just would like some advice on the issue insidering the dealerships advice is to take an L on the Bluetooth and replace the aux and iPhone adapter cable
Old 12-23-2018, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by lil b
I just got my first w212 e63 2010 and I’m having trouble streaming music. When I stream Bluetooth any time I touch the phone the music is choppy and when I plug the phone into the aux cord in the glove box it doesn’t work. As far as the aux cord goes I assume I have a faulty cord and would just need to replace it but for the Bluetooth is there any way to fix this. I understand I have an iPhone X and it’s a major jump in technology years between the car and the phone but just would like some advice on the issue insidering the dealerships advice is to take an L on the Bluetooth and replace the aux and iPhone adapter cable
Mercedes did not have Bluetooth audio streaming in 2010 yet, just phone connectivity. They used to sell a device that allows streaming.

I had my software updated on my 2010 E550 and it has been working flawlessly with several different phones for streaming. I had this done under warranty and had the same done on my 2011 E350 that I had before this one. Obviously your car is out of warranty so you will not get it covered but I know for sure MB has a solution for this problem if they want to sell it to you. They may also say there is no solution, which is not true..

There are other members here that have installed a third party "box" that makes audio streaming work. If I remember correctly this is less than a $100 fix, which might be the best way to go.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 2010 E63
Awesome thank you so much. I will definitely look into the third party brands and see what’s out there!