E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

"Squeaky" brake pedal fix ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 08:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350, 2015 E350 Sport
Smile "Squeaky" brake pedal fix ?

Have a 2015 E350 and was pestered with a "squeaky" brake pedal. Brakes seemed to operate normally but had an intermittent pedal "squeak". Noise even occurred with very light pedal pressure. Since I am still under warrantee I took the machine to a dealer for a look see. They determined it was a bad brake booster and replaced it. While they had the car they also updated the CONTROL UNIT Software. (do not know what this updates) Sadly after I departed I got a CRUISE CONTROL INOP message and had to return back to the dealer. They took the car back and resolved issue by adjusting the brake switch. Note that the issue also disengaged the anti collision feature as it is related to the brakes. The whole process took about 4 hours BUT ...NO charges ...covered by warrantee. Hopefully this did in fact get rid of the "squeaky" brake pedal .......time will tell....but so far..no "squeak"
The following users liked this post:
jvakos (11-03-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 08:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2014 e250 bluetec
Good to hear! My 2014 had the same issue, it sounded like a clown horn when I pressed on the brakes. They also changed the brake booster which resolved the problem. Strangely though, the brake pedal feel changed as well. It was very grabby prior to the new booster, now it's more progressive brake feel. Might have been due to the failing brake booster, but dealer tells me that it's normal now although I quite liked the grabby pedal feel.

Last edited by drdantheman1; 01-04-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2011 E350, 2015 E350 Sport
Strange about the bposter leak.....supposed to be a never break/wear out item. I had researched the noise and was thinking brake switch with the booster a distant second. Sadly I forgot to have them look at a noisey passenger seat motor noise so I need to reschedule that. My warrantee expires in March then I go to an CPO extended one year limited warrantee. Trying to fix all issues prior to March as dealer is pretty good .