E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

What is your mileage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E550 - AMP+MPP packages
I bought my 2013 E550 12 months ago with 205 000 km (127 000 miles) on it and full log of maintenance done at the same MB shop by the first and only owner.

I'm at 255 000 km now and absolutely love the car even thought it has proven to be awful repair wise, simply because it's a joy to drive.

I had it inspected by the local MN dealer who told me it was in perfect shape except for: brake fluid, trace of oil coming most probably from refill and some rust on 1 of the flange of the exhaust.

Previous owner had issue with the rear blind spot 2 time when looking at the maintenance log and within 3 day of purchasing it, it was faulty again. I simply disabled it because I didn't like it anyway for my driving habit I had.

I then realized the trace of oil wasn't coming at all from overfill as right after purchase, I had to have it inspected to be granted provincial permit for the car (it was coming from Ontario). My Indy mecanic told me within 3 minutes that there was a clearly visible oil leak, coming from the turbo intercooler and spreading all over the place. I had it repaired, brake fluid changed, cloth air intake changed as 1 was slightly broke. I had him overlook the rust on the exhaust flange as I wasn't sure yet what I'd do about it. I was thinkering with the idea of getting some E63 exhaust swap but had to have the wife accept it

During the repair of the intercooler, 2 plastic connector for some hose, connecting to the block, broke as they were dried out. Repair cost me close to a thousand because the Ontario MB dealer failed to see oil was coming from the intercooler which is on the driver side of the block while the refill port is on the passenger side.

The same afternoon it left the garage, I had it inspected. They saw the far in good shape and gave the permit.

The next weekend, I was driving back from my brother's place and hit a decent sized pothole while doing about 80km/h (45m/h). It had the front tire burst some side bubble (which I only saw a few days later as it was dark when it happened and that I checked. I rarely walk on the passenger side of the car so I didn't notice it right away. In fact, it was the sight of the lowered suspension in the morning that got me look all around the car.

I know I can't blame my E550 for some huge pothole, but in 2 weeks from purchase, I was due for another unexpected 3500CAD repair because of the tire and front air suspension.

Now, it would not have been that bad considering I had it for a low price, but as life is sometimes a ....., I lost my recently acquired high paying job at the same time and went without a salary for almost 8 months.

And since things usually all go south at the same time, my mecanic told me after the repair that the previous oil leak was hidding other leak coming from underneath the block. Since I had just lost my income and spent unexpected money twice, I had no choice but to wait for the repair. Since then, I make sure to carry some 0w40 in the trunk as it needs some every 2000-2500km.

About 2 month after purchase, the disk started pulsating and need replacing to correct it but it isn't a safety issue. They had been replaced at 160 000km at MB shop. I'll be doing it myself within a month as there's no way I can keep it much longer this way.

In december, while the car was still cold, the motor started knocking instantly while hitting a speed bump at 25km/h without bottoming the suspension. God knows I've been careful since previous repair.

Early january, I saw some new oil leaking AGAIN from the intercooler and suspension lowered each morning but not fully empty. I know another random leak is happening and will soon need fixing even though currently it raise back without a trouble when I start the car.

By end of january, the 21th exactly, I had someone parked on the right side of the street decide to try and turn on a street to the left without flashing and looking for incoming car. Minor damage to the car, bumper, fender and headlight repair were taken care off by the insurance. But when I got back the car, I had no more cruise control. After bringing it back to the MB mecanic which repaired it, they told me it was the previously faulty rear blind spot sensor that were too rusty and that shorts the fuse of the cruise control, and had nothing to do with the accident.

Now, I remember the date clearly because the 21th was the day I was suppose to receive my funds I had withdrawn from QuadrigaCX to be able to pay for the repairs the car needed. It was also the day they closed and announced they loss all the customer money, leaving me empty ended.

Last minor trouble came last weekent with a rear reverse lamp trouble, not coming from the lamp but somewhere in the cable and that I have yet to diagnose.

I know part of it, like the suspension, tire and accident, had nothing to do with MB, but it remains the car I owned with the highest amount of trouble.

Still, even thought my new finance doesn't permit me to repair all that needs to be fixed, I can't convince myself to sell the car. It's still one joy to drive. It's THE most enjoyable car I drove.

And I'll make sure to fix everything I can myself to lower the cost and be able to afford keeping it.

It's that great.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:17 AM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
My 2011 = 55k miles
Oil changes are once a year, barely get 5k miles on the M1.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W212 2015
2015 E180, 86000km (~54000 miles). No big issue.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Audi A4 2012 E550
Had my '12 E550 for a week now. Has a 108k miles on it. During inspection had new pads put on and coolant line replaced that had a slight leak. Was a florida car for most it's years and had good set of dealership records. Already put in k/n airfilters and have a tune from Eurocharged coming in the next week. Love driving it so far.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:36 AM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
2012 E350
2012 E350 67k miles. no mechanical issues at all only the driver seat ripping which was covered under warranty
Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 E350 Bluetec Sport
2012 w212, Bluetec diesel, 147,000 miles and running great. No issues......yet Great vehicle for road trips... 38-40 mpg.
SRS light is starting to come on... hoping it's just a bad code readout.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
w212 2010 E550 4Matic
2010 e550 4matic

140 000km thing runs like a beast.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350
2013 E350 with almost 32k miles. I've only had it a little over a week but it looks good and drives good. Hopefully stays that way as long as possible
Old 04-25-2019, 08:00 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
2010 E350, Sold 1998 C230
2010 E350. Bought with about 29K now at about 76K. No major issues, minor glitches with the rear view camera. Normal maintenance that I do mostly myself. Probably the last car I will own unless I hit the lottery or it dies.