Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Hey guys looking for pros and cons on 2010 e350 >

Hey guys looking for pros and cons on 2010 e350

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Hey guys looking for pros and cons on 2010 e350

 
Old 03-06-2019, 02:00 PM
  #26  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,028
Likes: 0
Liked 42 Times in 35 Posts
2012 E550 4matic TT
Originally Posted by fganter View Post
I looked at a 2010, 2011, 2014 and even considered a 2004 (with only 38K believe it or not).

All the ones prior to 2014 did not have bluetooth audio. I suppose I could have gotten it added at a car audio place, but wasn't sure how integrated it would be. Also, I couldn't find older ones with push button start, which for me has become something I really want in a car.

I'm sure you will find an awesome MB.
My 2012 has Bluetooth ever since I owned it. I doubt it's modified in any way. If you have an AUX jack on your radio you can buy a bluetooth receiver to plug in there for less than $20. The W211 have more stereo replacement options due to less integrations with the overall systems of the car, but not built as well as the W212. I see a ton of very cheap W211 E350, and even a 2008 E63 with 144K miles that claims to have lots of new parts, including air suspension for only $10K.

In caring for my 2001 CLK430, I found that normal service parts from OE manufacturers (not in MB box) are quite cheap online. I could see if there was something very specific like a wiring harness that needed replacement it could get costly. I would never spend more than the value of a car for a single or combination of repairs, you're better off buying the same car in working condition if that's the case, or moving on to something newer.
jonUF02 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:14 PM
  #27  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 60
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan
Originally Posted by fganter View Post
I stand corrected.

From the research I had done, it appears to be problematic - inconsistent connection and quality of audio. Also, I believe the 2004 outright does not have support for a bluetooth audio player. However, as mentioned, there are aftermarket products specifically to add this.
yep, I have an early 2010 E350 which I bought 3 months ago. It didnít have BLuetooth audio. So I went into the engineering menu and added it. It did work at first, showed all of my songs from my iPhone. Problem was that I had to manually do the reconnect processs everytime I got into the car, which became very annoying. Then it started to not show the titles and names on my radio anymore. I gave up and bought one of those Bovee Bluetooth plugs that you just stick in the Media interface in the glove compartment. It works pretty well, has some quirks but does the job most of the time. I did ask my local MB dealer to give me the latest software upgrade to see if this fixes the BT audio problem. He said they will do it. It canít guarantee it will work and canít guarantee that it wonít screw anything up. So I didnít want to take a chance on messing anything up.
pb39374 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:18 PM
  #28  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 3,361
Liked 351 Times in 314 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by pb39374 View Post
yep, I have an early 2010 E350 which I bought 3 months ago. It didnít have BLuetooth audio. So I went into the engineering menu and added it. It did work at first, showed all of my songs from my iPhone. Problem was that I had to manually do the reconnect processs everytime I got into the car, which became very annoying. Then it started to not show the titles and names on my radio anymore. I gave up and bought one of those Bovee Bluetooth plugs that you just stick in the Media interface in the glove compartment. It works pretty well, has some quirks but does the job most of the time. I did ask my local MB dealer to give me the latest software upgrade to see if this fixes the BT audio problem. He said they will do it. It canít guarantee it will work and canít guarantee that it wonít screw anything up. So I didnít want to take a chance on messing anything up.
There's nothing to mess up as you're not using it now anyway! They just say that to cover themselves. Last time I did it, I used one of those $125 off $250+ service coupons. Should be another one coming up in another month or two. I'd wait til one of those show up and you should just have the dealer do it then. They only charged me an hour to do the update.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:20 PM
  #29  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 60
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan
Originally Posted by mbz03 View Post
Hey guys looking for pros and cons on a 2010 e350 looking into buying one soon, what to look for on them also thanks guys
i bought a 2010 4matic 3 months ago with 41,000 miles. It runs great. I did have to change all brakes and rotors. But overall itís immaculate. If you can find a very low mileage one that was taken care of for under $15K then I would do it.

cons - you will def need to purchase a 3rd party extended warranty, which will add to your overall investment and might not make it worth it (depending on how much $ you actually pay for the car and how many miles are on it).
pb39374 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 06:26 PM
  #30  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 60
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
There's nothing to mess up as you're not using it now anyway! They just say that to cover themselves. Last time I did it, I used one of those $125 off $250+ service coupons. Should be another one coming up in another month or two. I'd wait til one of those show up and you should just have the dealer do it then. They only charged me an hour to do the update.
I get that I am not using the BT anyway. The dealers point was that the software update can screw up something else in the command system. I know itís a CYA type statement, but I didnít want to take the chance. Did you have an update done?
pb39374 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 09:40 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
cetialpha5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 3,361
Liked 351 Times in 314 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by pb39374 View Post
I get that I am not using the BT anyway. The dealers point was that the software update can screw up something else in the command system. I know itís a CYA type statement, but I didnít want to take the chance. Did you have an update done?
I feel it's a BS type statement because the only way it'd really get screwed up is if the tech screws up the update, like the battery dies in the middle of the update or it gets disconnected in the middle of the update. That'd be the only reason it'd brick the system. And if those things happen, it should be on them not you. Of course there's always the possibility that comand can fail at any time and they don't want to get blamed for it. I don't think anyone has actually mentioned in this forum that the techs did an update and it bricked their comand. And yes I had them do the update and when I told them to do it, there was no bs excuse that it might brick comand. And it was fine and better afterwards. Check in April for a Mercedes discount coupon and have it done then.
cetialpha5 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:05 PM
  #32  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 60
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan
Originally Posted by cetialpha5 View Post
I feel it's a BS type statement because the only way it'd really get screwed up is if the tech screws up the update, like the battery dies in the middle of the update or it gets disconnected in the middle of the update. That'd be the only reason it'd brick the system. And if those things happen, it should be on them not you. Of course there's always the possibility that comand can fail at any time and they don't want to get blamed for it. I don't think anyone has actually mentioned in this forum that the techs did an update and it bricked their comand. And yes I had them do the update and when I told them to do it, there was no bs excuse that it might brick comand. And it was fine and better afterwards. Check in April for a Mercedes discount coupon and have it done then.
Gotcha - thanks.
pb39374 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: Hey guys looking for pros and cons on 2010 e350


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: