E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Impressed with MBUSA!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
2019 E300 4matic
Impressed with MBUSA!!!!!

After I bought my 2012 E350 last month I started having problems with the electronic ignition switch (EIS). Wouldn’t shut off with the keyless go, key not recognized and finally started throwing the car into park at low speeds. The SA at the local dealer found a service bulletin that described the symptoms and replaced the switch for $950 (ouch!).

On on a lark I wrote to MBUSA to ask what they could do since it was a known problem. Since the car is WAY out of warranty they could have sent me on my way with nothing (like another German car manufacturer that goes by three initials did to me at one point). Instead they gave me a $400 service credit at my local dealer!

I’m impressed!!!!!
Old 03-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Never hurts to ask this is why I repeatedly post bulletins to support goodwill repair and/or part replacement if vehicle is within affected range regardless of time elapsed or mileage.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,380 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Yeah. 25 years warranty like they gave for SBC system is unprecedented.
I had good experience with them.
Few years back, I ask them about meaning behind car class codes (S>E>C)
They forwarded my question to Germany, so it took few days, but I've got detailed response in English.
But then, I drove older MB where sensor replacement cost $40.
Now on new models almost everything starts with 4-digits.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Very nice! That is great!
Old 03-22-2019, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts
2010 E350 Luxury Sedan, Engine 272 (V6)
Congratulations

Originally Posted by E350_Sport
After I bought my 2012 E350 last month I started having problems with the electronic ignition switch (EIS). Wouldn’t shut off with the keyless go, key not recognized and finally started throwing the car into park at low speeds. The SA at the local dealer found a service bulletin that described the symptoms and replaced the switch for $950 (ouch!).

On on a lark I wrote to MBUSA to ask what they could do since it was a known problem. Since the car is WAY out of warranty they could have sent me on my way with nothing (like another German car manufacturer that goes by three initials did to me at one point). Instead they gave me a $400 service credit at my local dealer!

I’m impressed!!!!!
I have a 2010 with a known defective light switch. It drains the battery. Have corresponded with MBUSA CEO and "Executive" problem solver, as well as MB dealer service manager. Have provided official MB/Daimler information that recognizes it is a known problem. Problem was reported while car under extended warranty. ZIP!!!!
Last communication from me was a letter to CEO specifically asking why wasn't it covered under extended warranty, was it not a problem, was my switch not covered, etc. No answer, other than "out of warranty." I copied the dealer. Dealership asked for illustration of the light switch and I sent it to them. NO response after six weeks and I doubt they ever will send one.
Consider yourself lucky; very, very lucky.