E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Odd (?) pano roof leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 01:53 PM

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic
Odd (?) pano roof leak

Hello all, I have a leaky roof issue that has not been solved through the tried-and-true methods. I’m curious if anybody else out there has the same issue with their car or has advice. I have a 2012 E350 sedan with panoramic roof. Overnight, the car is parked outside on level ground. After a particularly hard rain last fall, water came through the roof switch cluster. Given the car was then still under warranty, I took it to the dealer and they found no leak. It happened again in Jan and while the dealer found no leak, I paid about $600 to have the drains cleaned. It leaked again shortly thereafter and the issue repeated yet again this week. The dealer cleaned the drains again, dropped the overhead switches, and performed another leak test. Again, no water leaks. All tolled, the car has undergone almost 24 hours of leak testing with no leaks found. The leak doesn’t occur every time it rains and, at this point, I would say the leak is unrelated to the drains. The sunroof itself was closed properly and was not left ajar when leaks occurred. The water only seems to come through the switch cluster and has not soaked any carpeting. Any ideas on what the problem is?
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
$600 ...have dealer revisit request shop foreman and/or lead tech prove all four corners are draining properly, inspect wind deflector area thoroughly, check roof adjustment values, and clean/lubricate - at no cost!.

The following 2 users liked this post by konigstiger:
ccryan67 (03-28-2019), Dave Backmarker (03-11-2024)