E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Intermittent windshield washer fluid dispenser

Old 05-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 Base & 2011 GLK350 4Matic
Intermittent windshield washer fluid dispenser

2010 E550 Base
Two weeks ago when I pressed the windshield washer cleansing button, no washer fluid was dispensed on the window, I thought the fluid pump was broken. So I ordered the pump online. However, when I was about to replace it on the weekend, I gave it a try and it worked again. Then it stops working again today. Is the pump bad? Loose connection of plug or wires? Is this connected to any SAM module? If anyone can point me a direction, it will be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-07-2019, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,102 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
There are other threads on this. Hopefully you've used the MB washer fluid concentrate, or the "blue stuff" in the reservoir. Others have posted that you should not use the "orange stuff" as it can clog the system.

If you have the wrong "stuff" in the reservoir, I would syphon it out as best as possible, then dilute the remainder with a healthy amount of water (maybe hot water). Stir the diluted mixture, then cycle the washer several times to flush it through. Then refill with the right stuff.

I think that is the collective opinion on this, but anyone can clarify...

Last edited by DFWdude; 05-07-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 834 Likes on 603 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by apachecai
2010 E550 Base
Two weeks ago when I pressed the windshield washer cleansing button, no washer fluid was dispensed on the window, I thought the fluid pump was broken. So I ordered the pump online. However, when I was about to replace it on the weekend, I gave it a try and it worked again. Then it stops working again today. Is the pump bad? Loose connection of plug or wires? Is this connected to any SAM module? If anyone can point me a direction, it will be greatly appreciated!
So, when there is no water coming out to the wind shield do you hear the pump running. If you do not you can forget the plugged up / gummed up lines and nozzles. If you hear the pump running but nothing comes out a plug is obviously present somewhere.

If pump runs when water comes out but does not run when no water comes out your problem is either with the pump, electrical connection to it or if it has a relay then that could be the issue. I do not know if there is a relay for the "pisser" (I would think there is) but if there is that would be the first thing I would check.
The following users liked this post:
apachecai (05-10-2019)