E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

control panel edit options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
control panel edit options

I have not received any messages from subscribed posts in about a month. I went into the control panel under edit options. In order to receive post messages you subscribe to are you supposed to check the options under edit options or leave it blank in order to receive what you want. It states to disable the option if you do not want the option but it does not say to check that option or leave it blank. Which allows the option is it leaving it blank or putting a check mark on it? I had them checked and now I opened them and I still am not receiving anything. Please help if you know what I did wrong.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,725 Likes on 1,105 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by dbldpr
I have not received any messages from subscribed posts in about a month. I went into the control panel under edit options. In order to receive post messages you subscribe to are you supposed to check the options under edit options or leave it blank in order to receive what you want. It states to disable the option if you do not want the option but it does not say to check that option or leave it blank. Which allows the option is it leaving it blank or putting a check mark on it? I had them checked and now I opened them and I still am not receiving anything. Please help if you know what I did wrong.
When you subscribe to a thread (blue button upper left), it will ask you to specify how to notify you. Pick the "Notification Type" drop down box to select the method and frequency. You must do this for each thread you wish to subscribe.

I do not use the "Default Subscription Notification" settings in User CP that set specific parameters... mine is set for "No Notifications".

Beyond this, you can search the "Site and Forum Support" sub forum, as that is the appropriate place to ask this question, and I believe some among the MBWorld staff get notifications when members post there.

Last edited by DFWdude; 05-21-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Thanks I never had to do that before. I always received notifications automatically.