E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2011 E350 Rear suspension dropping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Wagon
2011 E350 Rear suspension dropping

Hi folks, I have a problem with the rear suspension dropping when parked. This starts with the passenger side dropping then the driver side drops to match it, this started as an intermittent problem when it was cold, then it done it more frequently when it was warm, finally we took it to a repair shop that done the following work:

1. Replaced passenger suspension airbag - Did not fix issue, seemed to make it worse
2. Replaced with 2nd airbag as mechanic thought new airbag was bad. - Did not fix issue.
3. Leak checked all lines - No leaks found
4. Replaced valve between compressor and suspension. - Did not fix issue. - Car now drops about 1/2" in 30 minutes starting with passenger side.
5. Mechanic said he put a vacuum on system and smoke checked it and found no leaks, not to familiar with a smoke check.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go next? Is it worth changing lines or is there some other test that should be done on this? Is there a method to cap all lines pressurise and make sure they dont leak? Is this possibly as simple as a calibration?

I appreciate help on this frustrating issue.

UPDATE(RATHER LATE) I ended up changing the hose from the valve to the bladder and problem fixed, $20 part.

Last edited by Comalley1; 02-03-2021 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:05 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 342 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
You may want to pm my friend Oda112 - he's done extensive repair and research on his Airmatic system.
I don't have Airmatic but I'd be curious to see what the ride height sensors are showing at run and after being parked.
Smoke test is simply using a smoke generating machine (like a fog machine) at a slight pressure to inject (or draw) smoke into a system to help find leaks. Great at finding pinhole leaks visually. Often used to check intakes.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...lly-works.html

Last edited by Mud; 05-27-2019 at 07:13 PM.