E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Eco s/s Fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e class 212 2.1d
Eco s/s Fault

I wonder if you could help me with this. I believe few of benz user must have came across this message at some point. My E220 that I purchased 2 months ago from Cargiant, model 2014 is acting a bit weird now. The car turns on with Eco mode on but as soon as i hit brakes & engine goes on stand by, the eco mode turns off it self after this Presafe user functions limited error. The car jerks a little and moves on with E (normal) mode. If i turn off the engine completely, it goes back to echo mode but the same thing happens again.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
The ECO light should come on by default on the button on the centre console. Alongside this, the ECO dash light should be amber. Once the car is warmed up and as long as other criteria are met the dash should go green. At this point when the car comes to a complete halt the engine should cut and then restart when the brake pedal is released (or if hold function used when the accelerator is pressed). There may be times where the dash light returns to amber and the car re-starts whilst stationary. This is usually due to one of the systems requiring power (for example the air con). It will then go green and start functioning again when the conditions are next met.

Are you saying you are getting the dash light go green and when stationary the engine has stopped, but then go amber and restart with a warning message on the dash giving an error message? What is the exact wording of the error message?

Many of the errors are caused by the auxiliary battery in the boot needing either a) a good direct charge or b) replacing as it is no longer holding charge properly. It can occasionally be the main battery needing a) or b) instead. First step would be to directly charge both the batteries to see if it is just one of those being below par. If that doesn't solve it, get the batteries drop tested to see if either have an issue with cold crank charge holding. If you have only had it 2 months can you not take it back to Cargiant for them to resolve?

Further info on the error warning may help narrow it down.