E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Somebody threw a glass bottle at my car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
S212
Somebody threw a glass bottle at my car.

Well happened sometime at night, in the morning when I came to it there was a huge explosion mark on the passenger rear window and whole car covered in shards and sand, yes whatever the container was it had sand in it. Glad that window didn't break but now its covered in scratches, they are hard to photograph but all those white marks are scratches.
Does anyone know if the glass is the same between wagons and sedans on rear doors? and is it hard to replace?

Dash cam didn't capture anyone as it was from a side.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
I won't even say what I think about anybody messing with cars.....
Possible to add security camera(s) on the building?

So sorry to see this, glad no broken windows even though that's what they were after. Check with local glass company to see if they can buff out some of the lighter scratches.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2013 E550 4MATIC - P1, P2, SPORT
Bunch of douchebags. I ****ing hate people. Sorry your car got messed up man. I've had similar shyt happen to me. I'm no help on the question, but I suspect it's probably the same.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Ethics go strange ways in USA. When TV programs are more and more censored (recently we watch "Bonanza" reruns and most of the movies would not pass today's scrutiny) - the common behavior become "more mess is better".
I live next to desert, where young people come for lunch, beer, marijuana poof or sex. It become symbol status to leave trash on the center of the street, smack beer bottle against the curb and dump condoms on the pavement.
Law Enforcement doesn't want to monitor the issue as catching speeders or desert Stop signs runners brings bigger revenue.
Sorry to see that happen to fellow MB owner, but on my street I hang several cameras (not necessarily working) and that did make the difference
Old 06-06-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
S212
My area has security cameras pretty much on every building this is NYC after all, getting that footage is impossible if it even exists. Here no one cares. For tonight I'll pull everything out of the car just to be on the safe side, yes i'll even take the manual out of glovebox, and park in a different area.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,379 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Your experience with lack of efficiency with too many cameras confirms my fear. After I succeed to get rid of vandalism in my small block, neighbors ask me about installing more cameras and I am afraid that will stop working.
Anyway, with vandals and people doing illegal things it is psychological war. We are considering adding "smile, you are on camera" or "all licence plates are recorded" signs.
For the car, I know blinking red LED will steer lot of vandals away.
Even when LED is not connected to any device.