E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Moving to W213 Forum!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 10:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon Black/Black MB Tex P1 & Sport Wheel Package
Moving to W213 Forum!

Thanks for everyone's help and guidance the past 4+ years but traded in my 2013 E350 wagon today for a 2017 CPO E400 wagon. Having a touch of buyers remorse as I always do with large purchases and sticker shock over how much the tire/wheel/ding protection & additional 2 year warranty went up since I bought the 2013 wagon. I think I got a good deal and decent trade-in and these are hard to come by locally particularly as it was color combo I wanted so decided to pull the trigger. All the best!
Old 06-23-2019, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,384 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Congratulations on new drive.
When I won't ask about how much the trade is going to cost you, I would love to hear any good or bad comparison.
W212 already had long list of options, so did you get more options than you had on W212, or basically the same?
Than what really matters is driving comfort and reliability. What mileage has newer car?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 AM

My 2013 warranty was about to be up and I did not purchase the extra 1-2 years when I got the card so was going to 3rd party and that was going to be an outlay. I needed new tires. Every time I had a loaner recently there were little things like the bigger nav screen, better back up camera, front parking sensors, etc that I missed when I got back in the '13.

Don't get me wrong I loved my 2013 E350 wagon. It was a great car and this morning I had slight bit of buyers remorse but that happens to me with every major purchase. Having a car payment again at my old age. But this time I did buy the additional 2 year warranty so I good until 2024 which seems like a long way away. With my trade I already have equity in the car and read a lot of positive reviews on this model wagon.

Styling vastly different and certain options are new standard vs in a package. It drive very well on the test drive and was very comfortable. It does have run flat tires so the jury is out on those. We don't get a lot of wagons here and I wanted white or black with black interior. Occasionally I would come across one from a non MB dealer but you couldn't get MB warranty as it was 2nd or even e=3rd owner. This was a one owner trade with 18,000 miles. My 2004 wagon was black/black, the 2013 was white/black and this one is black/black again. The dark colors do not bother me where I live although I easy did like the white/black combo.

I probably could have and should have pressed for a better deal than I got particularly after going to finance guy and having sticker shock at cost of add-ons (extended warranty and tire/wheel/ding protection) which were way more than last time. This was just so spur of moment (was browsing mbusa as I do occasionally for CPO wagons and I have walked before and gone back and car has sold.

Very annoying that car financing lags behind mortgage rates which have dropped but I did almost walk when with my 800+ credit score they were telling me rates from MB that were just stupid. First they told me the 1.99% for 36 months on mbusa for pre-owned 16/17/18 E class was only for sedans and not wagon's/coupes. I said it does not say that in mbusa.com Then he said he could give me the 1.99% but only for 24 months or 2.99% for 36 months & rates were 4 something for anything over 36 months. I showed them on my phone that I could get 3.5 from my credit union and about the same from BOA. He left and came back and offered me 3.4%. I didn't want 36 months at such a high payment. I also do 60 and pay off sooner but like the flexibility if I need to skip the extra every now and then.

Any way it is a beautiful car and I am sure once I pick it up I will love it.

Again thanks to all here and maybe I'll see you again in the W213 forum.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,384 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Originally Posted by balthus

Again thanks to all here and maybe I'll see you again in the W213 forum.
I like to change cars every few years, so that is possibility, but with my retirement, we don't drive our cars much and even MB says newer diesel is better performer than OM651, I am satisfy with 60 mpg performance and the cars should be good for next 10 + years.
I'll probably wait for self-driven option to become common
Good luck with new drive. Would appreciate if you come back here in few months and give us bigger mileage review.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:46 AM

Will do. I am about 4-5 years away from retirement so thinking I have one more car to go. Not sure if we will end up with 1 or 2 cars then. It all depends in where we end up spending our "golden" years", Would like to be somewhere where 1 would be enough. I like the idea of self-driven but I am very much a control freak and not sure yet how I feel about those features. Thanks.