E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550
View Poll Results: Remove secondary cats?
Remove Them
11.11%
Keep Them
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

E350 Remove Secondary Cats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
E350 Remove Secondary Cats?

I’ve been thinking of removing my secondary cats on my 2010 E350. My current setup is an X pipe and no mufflers, along with quad tips. I’m looking for my exhaust to pop and be a little bit louder but I don’t want it to sound like obnoxious. Does anyone recommend taking off my secondary cats? Also, will I pass smog without my secondary’s? Thanks to all.
My current setup:
Old 07-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Thinking E350
Damn. Sounds sweet to me. What else do you want? Any louder and you'd be mistaken for a Camaro or Mustang. Or maybe an F-150.
Nice video btw.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:33 AM

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by acelottski
Damn. Sounds sweet to me. What else do you want? Any louder and you'd be mistaken for a Camaro or Mustang. Or maybe an F-150.
Nice video btw.
Haha I was going for a just mean sounding beast. I ended up taking it off, and it sounds really nice. I've gotten many compliments at meets for it, and when revving it really high at some meets, people said they saw a quick flame come out the back. This thing is loud though, so hopefully I don't get pulled over by CA police over the exhaust law, that's primarily what I've been concerned about lately.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 e350 coupe
Originally Posted by supremeboxlogo
Haha I was going for a just mean sounding beast. I ended up taking it off, and it sounds really nice. I've gotten many compliments at meets for it, and when revving it really high at some meets, people said they saw a quick flame come out the back. This thing is loud though, so hopefully I don't get pulled over by CA police over the exhaust law, that's primarily what I've been concerned about lately.
Could you post a video of the sound now
Old 09-25-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2010 W212 E350
How loud is it with everything off? Loud enough to attract a lot of attention?

How loud is it with everything off? Loud enough to attract a lot of attention?
Old 09-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2013 E550 4MATIC - P1, P2, SPORT
This thing is loud though, so hopefully I don't get pulled over by CA police over the exhaust law, that's primarily what I've been concerned about lately.
Sadly I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled over or ticketed for it yet. I hope they start enforcing it soon though. That rattle can shake in the second video is atrocious.