Video in motion options on facelift 5*1 comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 e63s amg
Video in motion options on facelift 5*1 comand

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone has successfully added video in motion to a 5*1 comand equipped facelift E? Bimmerguru doesn't supply an option for this comand version anymore, and I really don't want to rip the dash apart if I can avoid it.

Just wondering if there is an option I haven't come across yet?
Old 07-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan

try https://dvdinmotion.com/mercedes-benz

I know they go up to some 2018 models and have at least NTG 5. You can also email them at info@dvdinmotion.com.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G11
Originally Posted by bucktown
Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone has successfully added video in motion to a 5*1 comand equipped facelift E? Bimmerguru doesn't supply an option for this comand version anymore, and I really don't want to rip the dash apart if I can avoid it.

Just wondering if there is an option I haven't come across yet?
Unlike the other classes of MB, the ones that come with the 5.1 COMAND (ie new CLS, A, etc) need to be unlocked online, meaning the head unit needs to be connected to our server in order to download the unlocking file. Chances of connection getting lost during the instal was high and it would end up bricking the head unit costing the end user thousands of dollars for a replacement therefore we stopped providing service for these specific 5.1 head units because of liability issues.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 e63s amg
Originally Posted by info@bimmerguru.com
Unlike the other classes of MB, the ones that come with the 5.1 COMAND (ie new CLS, A, etc) need to be unlocked online, meaning the head unit needs to be connected to our server in order to download the unlocking file. Chances of connection getting lost during the instal was high and it would end up bricking the head unit costing the end user thousands of dollars for a replacement therefore we stopped providing service for these specific 5.1 head units because of liability issues.
Totaly understandable, I appreciate the explanation. I guess the only option moving forward is a physical solution. Would you have any suggestions in that regard?
Old 07-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G11
Originally Posted by bucktown
Totaly understandable, I appreciate the explanation. I guess the only option moving forward is a physical solution. Would you have any suggestions in that regard?
Lookup a company called NAVIKS
The following users liked this post:
bucktown (07-23-2019)